Live ScoresCheckout the current scores HERE
Dig out those winter gloves and wooly socks and enjoy some winter flying. Recording your flights couldn't be easier with modern phones and with winter flights not typically being open xc it's a fun and easy way to get involved in league flying.
If you want to give instruments a go and don't know where to start, the club has a couple of devices available for loan to club members.
Best six flights wins and there will be two levels run side by side. The "Sport Class" which covers EN A,B certified wings and The "Performance Class" for EN C,D certified wings. The category will be decided by the highest rated wing used in the season, even if the flight doesn't appear in your best six.
- You must be a paid up member.
- Qualifying flights must have been flown between 1st November 2022 - 31st March 2023.
- Flight must be uploaded to the National XC League. https://xcleague.com/xc/
- Flights must be on a certified wing.
- Latest date for qualifying flight submission is 28th April 2023.
National XC League
Don't worry if your not an XC hound as the club tables in the National XC league are geared up for the small stuff, just remember when signing up to select Northumbria as your club and it's totally free for the club league.
Recording Your Flights
- For the old hounds, you know what your doing. As for the rest you can use your mobile phone or a dedicated flight instrument.
- Apple iPhone
- Personally I find this the best, just download Flyskyhy and remember to fill in the pilot details. There are in app purchases but for recording flights alone these are not required.
- You cant go wrong with Xcsoar, again totally free to use for recording flights.
- Club Instruments
- There are two club instruments available, Flymaster Live SD which has a live display with information and or a visual track or the Flymaster Live Tracker which just records flights at the touch of a button. Both of these instruments would require a Pay as you go sim to track live but can be used without if you just wish to record and then manually download the flight from the device. Contact the Membership Secretary if you would like to loan one of these instruments.
- Other Instruments
- There are a whole host of instruments out there, talk to other pilots get some advice and have fun.
Any questions or further assistance required please contact me or post a message on WhatsApp
Colin S Keightley