Its time to look at what your loading into the XC league!!

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Fingers
Regular

Its time to look at what your loading into the XC league!!

Post by Fingers »

Theres quite a lot of people using the XC league now which is GREAT!! and I see it going from strenght to strenght, at least.

However.

Do we really need to upload flights that are 30 seconds, 2 mins, or even 15 mins?

I have even seen some recently at 1 second!

Yes its a log book as well as a xcleague but unfortunatly webspace is not Unlimited and each flight takes up space no matter how small or large.

So Please use common sence people eh? Ask yourself do you need to look back on a flight that lasted 5 seconds and to traveled 5 foot?..
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

Point taken but is there a reason why it recorded my 30min flight as 13min and it put my takeoff at blackhall allthough it scored from Horden some parts of the flight analysis doesnt ring true with each other
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

What flight?
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Horden 30-04-2008

4.8km OLC distance

07824 554735
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

http://www.nhpc.org.uk/nhpc/modules.php ... ghtID=2863

All it takes is for you to be parked into wind and not moving for a few seconds and the system will cut your flight there, it thinks you have landed. You will notice it has discounted about 3mins at the start and about 5 mins at the end of your flight, as you were standing on the ground.

Its not an infalible system, should your flight not do what you think it should then delete it, and upload again.

If it still does not do what you think it should, download from your GPS again, and try again.

If all else fails then email me, I can manualy edit the start and finish points. NOTE *I will not be interested in editing anything under what the clubs min distance is for the comps.
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

PS Colin

I was not refering to anyone individual, I think everyone has just dumped the contents of the GPS into the system at some point, me inc.

I think with the posibility of running out of space, I just want to suggest people use common sence.

There are currently 315 flights under 3 mins long on the site!

If we had unlimited space this would not matter one jot, but at the mo, we dont.
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Store you IGC files ?

Post by ron freeman »

To save lots valuable space on our XC web site everybody should just save there own IGC files on there own computer (flight distance score lower than their best six flights) and if at anytime they wish to check out a flight they can download it, then delete it.
Last edited by ron freeman on Sat May 03, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Fingers wrote:PS Colin

I was not refering to anyone individual, I think everyone has just dumped the contents of the GPS into the system at some point, me inc.

I think with the posibility of running out of space, I just want to suggest people use common sence.

There are currently 315 flights under 3 mins long on the site!

If we had unlimited space this would not matter one jot, but at the mo, we dont.
I knew it wasnt an individual dig just thought I would raise the question about inaccurate flight times whilst we were on the topic.

And Ron I totally agree and ppl dont need to upload to see there flight as with GPS dump click *Save Log* and it will save your flight as a kml file which opens in google earth and it gives you distances times speeds and the rest. Give it a try and you might find thart you dont need to upload everything.

07824 554735
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Fingers wrote:http://www.nhpc.org.uk/nhpc/modules.php ... ghtID=2863

All it takes is for you to be parked into wind and not moving for a few seconds and the system will cut your flight there, it thinks you have landed. You will notice it has discounted about 3mins at the start and about 5 mins at the end of your flight, as you were standing on the ground.

Its not an infalible system, should your flight not do what you think it should then delete it, and upload again.

If it still does not do what you think it should, download from your GPS again, and try again.

If all else fails then email me, I can manualy edit the start and finish points. NOTE *I will not be interested in editing anything under what the clubs min distance is for the comps.
Cheers for that fingers I had tried re uploading and re editing when I first noticed and I cut the flight right upto takeoff and immediatly after landing to make sure it wasnt that.

I didnt consider it a big problem just didnt know if it was a known problem

Thanks again for the help

07824 554735
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

I guess this one might have been brought up due to my last few submissions? :???:

Loading a compressed folder full of files is easier!

If file size and number of files is really such an issue with this forums host, please let me know!

(I may have a professional relationship with them and be able to come to some kind of arrangement?).

With all of your permission I could see if we can work something out.

Storage is so cheap these days and even a 10 second Sled Ride is worth the memories... (Certainly the walk)

Or maybe that's just me.

If I'm treading on anyones toes or Fingers please accept my sincerest appologise I am a newby after all. 8)
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

I don't think there is any need to go to Rons extreme lengths, we are not that desperate by any means.

What got my attention is flights with 0 distance, 0 time !

All that's needed is a little "Flight log Husbandry"
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Fingers

Post by ron freeman »

Extreme to me Steve is when members are downloading loads of flights with 1.6k and 3 mins airtime !

I thought it was a sensible comment and it would help our web site.
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)