Track up East Hill

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Graeme
Chatty

Track up East Hill

Post by Graeme »

For anyone who doesn't have a 4X4 - like me anymore 😃

Be careful when driving up the East Hill track to the parking area. On Monday about 3 quarters of the way up the track I slipped into the tracks and my underside hit a rock in the ridge in the middle of the track cracking my oil sump and snapping my catalytic converter.

Luckily I remembered my bank account includes AA membership who towed me back to John Wallis's garage. Many thanks to John and Westway Garage for a speedy repair and excellent no nonsense service (y)

Next time I'm there I'll remove the rock but just a polite reminder to be extra careful. Does anyone know is it possible to park in the area next to the gate?
Livetrack Graeme52

Flying for Fun Only.
Nforster
Mingling

Post by Nforster »

We could arrange a work day to fix the road? Or the club could offer to buy some planing for the farmer to put in?
Just a thought
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

Sorry dont mean to seem in-sensitive but was there a mess and was the farmer left in a good mood?
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Hi

Post by ron freeman »

Hi Graham,. sorry to read your bad news. We will need to contact Bill Telford first before we removed any stones on the track and was there much oil spillage ? because I can sort that out tomorrow for you.
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
Graeme
Chatty

Post by Graeme »

Sorry about the late reply - for some reason your posts aren't triggering emails to notify me.

The AA arrived that quickly (15min max) I didn't get a chance to speak to the farmer as I was on the phone arranging relay and with John Wallis etc then steering my car when it was being towed.

There was an oil leak. I've got my car back today so am happy to go up there and clear up. Unless you've already been Ron?

Colin, no problem, it's a fair shout. I was in recovery mode at the time and with the AA arriving so quickly I didn't get a chance to assess the environmental damage.

More than happy to do whatever needs to be done please advise.
Livetrack Graeme52

Flying for Fun Only.
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Track ok

Post by ron freeman »

Track ok.
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)