live tracking and using as a phone app a must

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

live tracking and using as a phone app a must

Post by gary stenhouse »

for those thinking of going xc and looking for safety as well as hoping to have a quick retrieve you can download live track for free and be doing live track.

the great thing for this if someone is trying to find you then they can drive straight to you and also they can follow you.

this can make the poor retrieve drivers job a lot easier to find you if this is what has been agreed.

however if you have not got this and you have not spoken to anyone trying to retrieve always send everyone a text within the group of your intentions.

this can save a lot of time and if there is no contact assume you are not being picked up and try and Hitch back.
this is the fair thing to do as unless we have a none flying retrieve driver then we have to take it that we have to get back to base until we have confirmation of a vehicle coming.

livetrack24.com check it out free and easy
AngusB
Regular
Full Name: Angus Beardsmore

Post by AngusB »

Good advice Gary, got to look into this for future use as when it comes to what computer programs are the best to use it's good to get a few perspectives. Maybe this could be a joint discussion at a meeting.
It would be great to know what to do with all these Spanish flights on my Skytraxx now they're on there too :wink:
Here's a quick link to Gary's Livetrack suggestion: http://www.livetrack24.com/
Angus Beardsmore
Nova Mentor 5
Livetrack24: AngusB
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

I've got the very small, very light, relatively cheap livetrack24 tracker. Better conection and saves phone battery. Perfect bit of kit, got mine from pg forum for €50 plus a £10 asda phone card, season sorted. New cost €169 or € 179 for mark2 text bundles available for landing texts, fb and Twitter compatable plus other uploads for small monthly contract and secondary backup for tracklog.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

As a matter of interest does it hammer the battery when used on the iphone?
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

I have it on my phone so will when I am out driving put it on and see how it goes as it looks like the screen saver goes on so think it will not kll the battery too much. also if you can keep it in your pocket it means it is even better as just switch on stick in pocket and forget about it
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

That is one reason I got the tracker. I know that android phones can use a third party app, talk to Lloyd, that sends the data at different intervals, 1 min, 3,5 or how ever you want to send it which does have a saving on battery. My tracker works on a phone battery and gives 10 hours.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

tracking

Post by ron freeman »

It would be amazing if the RAF could have a system on board so they can pick up our trackers and alert them ? 8)
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)