Weather

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

John Wallis
Seasoned

Weather

Post by John Wallis »

Is this weather ever going to give us a break getting pig sick now. However it's light until after 5 so we're getting there.

Not sure if anyone's interested for Wednesdays meeting but I've found an old club quiz 50 questions and a mixture of flying weather airspace and general knowledge good if your;re doing any pilot ratings at the moment.

I'll bring it along if there's any interest

JW
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
berow
Regular

Post by berow »

We are all pig sick fella. In the absence of any subject material the quiz sounds like an alternative.
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

What was the name of Ernest shackletons wife?

:D
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Pinch the ironing board and take up surfing!😀
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

Don't get me started about the weather Ive had three weeks off work and haven't done owt think im getting cabin fever :cry: :cry:

On a positive note the quiz is a great idea hope its not too hard :lol: :lol:

which starship captain with three ears had the middle name Tiberius :?: :?:
I HATE COMPUTERS
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Ha ha yes the name of Ernest Shackleton's wife might well be included. Bring a pen, 2 in a team and I;ve had permission from the clubs top brass that there will be grand prizes including a new sports glider, light weight harness with reserve, and 4 cans of Stella

:idea:
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

I've always wondered why these aviation related quizs have questions about Shackleton and titanic and such. :D
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

looking like a possibility next week sometime,,,,,,for flying that is.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
cookbot
Mingling

Post by cookbot »

brian day wrote:Pinch the ironing board and take up surfing!😀
I thought surfing would be a good option too. Turns out there's 10ft waves most of this week, so just end up getting battered! Is there no sport I can do here?!
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

I thought surfing would be a good option too. Turns out there's 10ft waves most of this week,
:D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :)

Wahoo!!!!!!!

There's always somewhere to hide, if you've got the ironing board, check the north end of any east facing bay, shelter from the wind too!
I've been in twice a day since Friday, there's plenty of choice out there depending on your skill level and the size of your kahoonas!
Big swells, look for shelter or head to the reefs, they always save a long paddle out, unless of course they're off shore ones, which you wouldn't want in these winds.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
cookbot
Mingling

Post by cookbot »

brian day wrote:
I thought surfing would be a good option too. Turns out there's 10ft waves most of this week,
:D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :)

Wahoo!!!!!!!

There's always somewhere to hide, if you've got the ironing board, check the north end of any east facing bay, shelter from the wind too!
I've been in twice a day since Friday, there's plenty of choice out there depending on your skill level and the size of your kahoonas!
Big swells, look for shelter or head to the reefs, they always save a long paddle out, unless of course they're off shore ones, which you wouldn't want in these winds.
Need to get back out, went on Fri to tynemouth and there was only that little pro lad who managed to get out on his little short board. Meanwhile my 9ft bic just got tossed back ashore with me dragged not too far behind :lol:

Don't really know any of the other surf spots as I've only been going about 6 month and would rather go to new spots with someone that knows the currents etc.
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

That would be little fatty Finn, who likes to think he's a pro, all the good guys are away in warmer climates except Tako who was on a reef near Blyth.
As you probably know we don't give away spots very easily, but everyone and his dog seems to know about Blyth now. It's sheltered from the northerly winds and the closer you go to the pier the smaller the wave. Park at the bandstand, there's nearly always someone out. Very little in the way of currents or rips at this end of the bay. The banks aren't working wonderfully at the moment and any state of the tide seems to be the same.
It is my local break, but surf it rarely, because of the crowds, no where near as bad as tynemouth, but getting there.
Keep an eye out for the van, black n white checks, can't miss it, I'm often at the beach with the dog and will tell you where the best bits are. :wink:
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

weather

Post by chrisfozz »

Only 25 deg here in Sharm today and the only flying involves being towed behind a boat but mustn't complain, eh.
cookbot
Mingling

Post by cookbot »

brian day wrote:That would be little fatty Finn, who likes to think he's a pro, all the good guys are away in warmer climates except Tako who was on a reef near Blyth.
As you probably know we don't give away spots very easily, but everyone and his dog seems to know about Blyth now. It's sheltered from the northerly winds and the closer you go to the pier the smaller the wave. Park at the bandstand, there's nearly always someone out. Very little in the way of currents or rips at this end of the bay. The banks aren't working wonderfully at the moment and any state of the tide seems to be the same.
It is my local break, but surf it rarely, because of the crowds, no where near as bad as tynemouth, but getting there.
Keep an eye out for the van, black n white checks, can't miss it, I'm often at the beach with the dog and will tell you where the best bits are. :wink:
Cool, I might have to have an explore after exams. I'll shout up if I see you around, I'm in a skyblue Mk1 TT, so you won't be able to miss that either. :D
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

Only 25 deg here in Sharm today and the only flying involves being towed behind a boat but mustn't complain, eh.
hope you get the shits :D :D :D :D :D :D
I HATE COMPUTERS