Free mountain guiding

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

brian day
Regular

Free mountain guiding

Post by brian day »

I recieved this email from a very good friend who is a Mountain Instructor, (thats the highest British qualification)
He has a friend who wants to get his Alpine Guide this summer and winter MLC in March,,,,good luck to him, I've done the training and I'm sure youve got to have a GPS brain and be super human, the Summer one was bad enough!
In attempt to prepare he is offering his services free of charge in the Aviemore area. Normal cost would be around £200 a day.
Ive put his email below for anyone that might be interested.

Hi guys,

My name is David Gladwin and I am trainee IFMGA guide. I am from Newcastle but will be based in Aviemore this winter. I have my Scottish winter assessment in March and am looking for people to act as clients from now until March in order to prepare for my assessment.

I am happy to do whatever you wish as long as it involves having fun in the snow. Basic navigation days, snowcraft work, instructional climbing days or just guiding classic cold climbs. I am happy to do it all for just one, or for multiple days. (The less experienced you are the better it is for me)

Let me know if you’re interested and we can make plans (the sooner the better)

David Gladwin

dgladwin@hotmail.com
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01