Great BBQ, Thanks Bill et al

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

brian day
Regular

Great BBQ, Thanks Bill et al

Post by brian day »

Great weekend, thanks to Bill and to many others to mention.
Spent today nusing the hangover watching otters playing in the river and a nice gentle bike ride up the valley behind Shillbottle.
Sorry about the singing,,,,I must have been singing my throat is really sore!
Don't think I'll have to eat again for a week after that breakfast,,,,mmmm!
How do you sum it all up?
Great venue
Great people
Great bike ride
Great singing,,,,apart from me
Great breakfast,,,,
Suppose,,,,just pretty damn good,,,,,and event not to be missed!
:) :D (ninja) :beer: :beer: :beer: (dance) (dance) :beer: :beer: :pain: :8: :8: :Bore: (party) (party) (party) (beer) (beer) (beer) (rofl) (rofl) (zzz) (zzz) (zzz)
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

yes a fantastic venue and as usual a great breakfast to set you up for a full days flying and driving. what a fantastic little hideaway.
what a great turn out as well as I don't think many clubs have such big turnouts at there doos.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Note to ones self: Do not work all day and drink on an empty stomach it doesn't work. :(

Apart from that what a cracking night with great people. Everyone brought something to the table last night to make it all work many thanks.

The trouble our musicians went to last night was just brilliant. Brian Rowe Angus Beardsmore Bill Scott Andrew Billington Ron Freeman and Moira on vocals. The set up looked like a proper gig and I've never seen so many people have so much fun in a tiny room.

Nina and Bill went the extra mile again and served up a fantastic breakfast which revived a lot of grim looking people. How can Nina be so cheerful at that time of the morning? ;)

Mr Alastair
Wolf put together a great quiz at very short notice which had some debates going thank you Alastair. We still need the answers. Apparently Shackleton's ship was called the Endeavor LOL

Thanks to everyone who helped get the place back to the way it was this morning I think everyone did their bit and when we closed the door we were happy that we would be invited back.

Thanks to Ron Don for getting the eggs the spitfire frying pan and of course the beer and cider.

Thanks to Colin for his laminated NHPC signs spot on!

Thanks to Bill for getting the food shop in and the other million things he sorted yesterday.

I'm sorry if I've missed anyone out my brain's not working properly yet.

A cracking end to a great flying year (Well for most people not me) The Camawardwi was very evident thank you one and all for your help and of course your support.

JW

P.S. I was wondering why my throat was killing me until I read Brian's post yes there was a bit of singing going on :D
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Graeme
Chatty

Post by Graeme »

What a brilliant weekend!

Thanks to all and everybody for all the fun and laughter, great banter finished off with a perfect breakfast then a nice little bop about titlington pike in a warm, smooth south westerly from heaven!

Special mention to the Northumbria Quartet - NHPC has got talent!

Thanks to John for organising this great night out but I'm nominating Bill for POM - co event organiser, chef, musician and flight supervisor!
Livetrack Graeme52

Flying for Fun Only.
Mehdi
Chatty

Post by Mehdi »

What a weekend :D :D :D
many thanks to everyone, especially Bill and Nina for the delicious breakfast, Brian, Angus, Bill, Ron and Andrew for the great entertainment, Bill (again) and John for organising it and everyone there for making it such a great night. ROLL ON NEXT YEAR!!!!
Attachments
phpxhUwdJPM.jpg
phpxhUwdJPM.jpg (123.01 KiB) Viewed 8087 times
Live life like you mean it.
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

What a brilliant party!

Great bike ride to start it off, then brilliant bbq, followed by an evenings fantastic entertainment.

As for the quiz, I have kept my powder dry..... It may well be the same quiz next year, so it will test your memory, as well as your knowledge!

But it might not.....

Thanks john, Bill and everyone for organising the bash.
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
berow
Regular

Fab

Post by berow »

Replying on Brian's page....
Fantastic night...great company ..great breakfast...Nina....must have been the the added extra from brian !!
Suffering today from holiday mode.....😞
John wallis ....the apron suited u .....x
Moira... :D
AngusB
Regular
Full Name: Angus Beardsmore

Post by AngusB »

Fantastic weekend! Many thanks to all organisers & participants for making it awesome!
Thanks to Brian Rowe, Bill Scott & Andrew Billington for giving me the courage to make my first musical stage performance...Couldn't get me off after a few songs but I'm glad there was no rotten fruit & veg to hand. Thanks to the others that got up & performed too, so much hidden talent that I'm sure we could have a club band by next years event!
Well done to Lily for keeping up with the big boys on the bike ride too.
A fly down was all I managed at Titlington Pike but with a comfortable take off & landing finished the weekend for me.
Thanks again to everyone involved, bring on next year!
Angus Beardsmore
Nova Mentor 5
Livetrack24: AngusB
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

I'm so glad everyone had a good time I would like to thank everyone who came along and made it such a great night. I must say the camawadwee was there in bucket fulls especially in the morning everyone getting stuck in with the big clean up.
looking forward to next year
or was john just thinking out loud when he said wouldn't this be a great place to spend new year :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
I HATE COMPUTERS
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

That did cross my mind,but I thought it must be book up for years to come. Just Like the, 'Black Sail" hut in the lake's "is" book up for year's. "Ahead" For New Year.
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
Mehdi
Chatty

Post by Mehdi »

Did someone mention a curry night.. (beer) (beer)
Live life like you mean it.
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

http://youtu.be/sw-ZjlXZRmg

Just a quick compilation of some of the video taken Saturday night.

Take a look at Ali Guthries amazing bike handling skills at 1:32!
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Take a look at Ali Guthries amazing bike handling skills at 1:32!
Excellent!

Thanks Alastair.
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”