The one with J.Wallis' tangled tumble

All manner of video's that have been edited and created by the NHPC members

Moderator: Club Moderators

Bob Sutherland
Chatty

The one with J.Wallis' tangled tumble

Post by Bob Sutherland »

An excellent day for most. Good company, good crack and good flying. Isn't life great.
Best bit of the vid is the last clips if you just wanna see John Wallis' entangled tumble.
No offence intended but i'm sure he'll get his own back.
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

Brilliant Bob, keep em comin. =D>
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

No offence intended but i'm sure he'll get his own back.
Oh yes !

Joking apart Bob there's an educational part to these clips. I've watched some of the guys taking off and one shot don't know if it's Paul ?? with the arms right back approach is good to watch and learn from.

I've been out ground handling again tonight and I'm starting to understand more and more what the wing is doing and the response required. Once we've got all the laughs out of our system (Could be a long time) Maybe we could put something together for take off and landing techniques so new pilots can watch and study along with commentary. Both para and hang. What you think? (Could even be used on DVD for this grand coaching affair that's happening)

It's a big pity the upload of the video clips is a problem for anything more than 8 meg. Steve was saying it's down to the cost of the hosting to keep prices sensible.

Mr Chairman is it not worth spending a bit more on hosting
to improve this most excellent facility?

Regards

The Stunt man.
Bob Sutherland
Chatty

Post by Bob Sutherland »

Your dead right John, video shows the things you don't see when you're busy concentrating on other things.

(like paragliders lying around) seriously though, your example with Steve controlling his wing with A's & D's was interesting.
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

I hope you learn from watching your vids John, coz I dont want my canopy torn to shred's.
Yes that sounds like a brilliant idea, it gives a chance to review teqniques etc, but if they are kept on a lighter note they are much more watchable.
Which is exactly what you guys are doing right now anyway, so just keep it up and people will learn. Im sure you have leaned your fist leson John - DONT TAKE OFF BEHIND A LAID OUT GLIDER :roll:
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

DONT TAKE OFF BEHIND A LAID OUT GLIDER
Fair comment John but I thought I'd be airbourne well before your position down the face of the hill. The wind dying at a rate of knots didn't help either mind. The jump trying to miss your canopy was the final straw for the duvet.