Ron freeman

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

berow
Regular

Ron freeman

Post by berow »

MASSIVE shout ot to Ron Freeman for the SHPF parachute repack. What an amazing effort which to be frank would have been a disaster without him. Well done Ron, I take my hat off to you.
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

he sure done a great job with boundless energy though what a great day we all had and even mad dog had a fantastic day.

this is mad dogs first throw and you will see why it is so important to repack your reserve more often than 7 years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFhlChdg ... Kw&index=1

after repack not the best quality as had to video off another mini pad as did not get it in time but you can see a perfect opening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-CguVQb5aE
berow
Regular

Post by berow »

Still laughing at you laughing at him..
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

yes I must say I could not stop laughing myself when I was watching it again this morning

cheers
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:35 am Post subject:
Still laughing at you laughing at him..

Got to agree with that I laugh at your laugh every time I watch it :D

So I take it the mad dogs reserve stayed in its packet? It was hard to work out on the video
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

yes it was completely welded in with th elastic bands that had degraded, yet on the second one it opened up perfectly. there was quite a few did not open but that was partly down to bad throwing technique.

it was a great day and looked terrifying doing it on a hg and there was one that just was still in the packet as well.

a defo must day out and thanks to all who helped Ian miskin kevin ron and many others
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

looks like it was a brilliant day wish I could have been there :D :D
I HATE COMPUTERS
MadDog
Chatty

Post by MadDog »

Yesterday was a good day, and I don't think we could have found anything better to do with the day, given that the weather wouldn't let us hang the washing out...
Or is it just that I'm so sad ?
The company was good.... Gary, Henry, Brian, Myself and Super Ron.....
You can't get better than when Ronnie is it peace with the world and lets rip with stories of his adventures in past times and distant countries.....He is a legend......and though I've called him other things in the past, outside of his hearing...I still think he is the greatest.......He does have a penchant for cheating at golf, but I can forgive him that.
Well done for all your hard work yesterday.
And I had my eyes opened yesterday..
I don't normally regard my reserve shute as being relative to life really,
It's too small to start with......but probably capable enough to support my wallet maybe, on a good day.....then again .....maybe not...I have never thought though that it would ever save me.....but even that option went out the window when it didn't open yesterday....and, man. isn't that zipwire something else?.......we all had two goes, except Henry, Brian had good results both times, as did Gary with both shutes, and I had success on the second try after repacking the shute.....When that shute flared out behind me, I got such a buzz.....and even though it's on its way to the scrapheap now. to be replaced by a bigger one, I'm sure I heard it whisper tearfully..."good luck with your new one", as I stuffed it into its bag for the last time.
So, a very eventful day came to a close, good company.....the Scottish folk are ever so friendly....It is always a pleasure to be in their company....and fly their sites....A safe journey home, after stopping off for an Indians in Berwick.....
Now, what more could you possibly want out of life in the winter?

And this is Ronnie receiving the adulation of Paulo, and the rest oif the kilted ones......Lets not forget that Ian Miskin done a really terific job as well.....well done Ian, and thanks!
Attachments
DSCF0961-003.JPG
DSCF0961-003.JPG (58.01 KiB) Viewed 6219 times
Brian Nellist
Chatty

Post by Brian Nellist »

Well I had to earn some brownie points today after turning up home 10- 45 pm stinking of curry with a big grin on my face...... but wellworth it Great day out big thanks to SHPF for holding this event.
But a bigger thanks to the one only Ron Freeman ( aka the Birdman ) who worked his cotton socks off plus Ian Miskin & the rest off the crew.
Cheers.
Brian. 075403610ninenine

Aka the caretaker

Always keep your feet firmly on the ground, even when your heads in the air.
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

this was johns throw looking from the bottom as you can see there was no way his reserve was going to open as the man at the bottom was able to hold onto it to staedy john.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHZqlNvk ... e=youtu.be
Graeme Gilroy
Regular
Full Name: Graeme Gilroy

Laughing

Post by Graeme Gilroy »

Ye can hear your laugh Gary from down there !!
it's a fine line between heaven and here
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Thanks !

Post by ron freeman »

Thanks for the kind words, I really enjoyed the day and knew it would be a hectic one ! well worth seeing so many pilots getting to grips with their own reserve and throwing it then coming back to re-pack it after instruction, very rewarding experience.

Looking forward to next year already..

Gary's laugh was a belter and Mad dogs reserve is now defunct with a well replaced new one !

Great day ended with a nice Indian in old town Berwick.
Attachments
Ratho re-pack 2013
Ratho re-pack 2013
Newbiggin golf aerials + Zip wire Ratho 009 - Copy.JPG (100.35 KiB) Viewed 6088 times
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)