Lakes Charity Classic

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Lakes Charity Classic

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

Big Fun at the LCC again this year, a big thank you to all the organisers who made it happen.
The tasks set were spot on by Jocky, Kitt and dangerous Dave.
On day one, ten people broke Mike Cav's British out and return record. Amazing!
Our own Jan Little getting top lady and 4th overall in the B comp making goal on day 2 in a tricky task from Carrock to Threlkeld. Then climbing up Haystacks with Chris and 14 other lunatics to speed fly back down chucking it all over the shop!
A big thank you to Chris too for taking Heather on a tandem flight she will never forget! Great.
Chris Bill and Ron Don also made goal on day 2 getting big points, it was great to see so many happy people at the landing field.
Well done to Tony Bradley who flew well on both days especially day 2, flying the 10k task in 21 minutes!! He got 1st place on day 2 and 3rd overall, great flying in a good quality field.
The bash was the best with Paolo and Cu-Nim's set brill. Gordy pulled another one out of the bag with a British first display of a jet powered paraglider! You had to be there! Incredible!
The bands were the best this year, a great mix for all tastes.
Although I didn't compete this year as I thought may be back to work, I thoroughly enjoyed it and seeing 70 pilots in the air on day 2 was brill.
Great to see Chris Foz flying well and Bill Scott all over the sky on Clough on the Thursday, with chairman Gary making an amazing glide from Clough to Walla Crag.
Nice to see Colin and Wendy blooming too.
All in all another fantastic LCC.
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

yep a fantastic weekend with some fantastic flying with exitement, a big learning weekend in one of the most stunning places in the country. some great displays in some tricky conditions, with the great spirit of the club and sunrrounding clubs. the beauty with these conditions is the thinking outside the box and doing flights that you would not normaly think possibe.

a truly great 4 days flying with a nice flight at crimdon to finish off the weekend.

and big thanks to bill for all his cordenbleau cooking and keeping me fed and watered.

cheers gary
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Great weekend, good flying, good camerwaderweee,,,,,,ooooh and still suffering!!!!!
Lost count of how many comatosed pilots I bumped into walking aimlessly around Keswick yesterday afternoon trying to gain the momentum to do the next part of their journey!
Big thanks to all the organisers and bands.
Cu nimb, fantastic start to the night (and Paulo with a scottish accent?), the boys from Blyth, kept things going, some great vocals from Matt in the Grandfather Birds, then,,,well I was just too bad by then and spent the night by the fire finally going to bed as the embers glowed at an early 3.20 to listen the rest of the music!!!
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Chris L
Regular

Post by Chris L »

If Carlsberg did paragliding weekends.......................

The LCC just gets better and better, great flying, great company, great organisation and displays and a cracking comp.

Every wing flown - speedflying tandem & XC wing and even some XC done and tasks completed, with Jan in the winning line up

A big thank you to the organisers for putting on an absolutely awesome weekend

It'll take a canny few days to recover from the partying and sleep deprivation :) :) :) :) :)
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

well it looks like th miggies had a good time over the weekend as my ankles are getting ichier and ichier. it was great to have my ear plugs ready for the sleeping too,
what a place to be though, i dont think when the sun is shining could you be any better place in the world. the flying was intense infact the last time i had a flight like the one i had was 20 april 2007 aneccy, and the experience of flying the hills in solitude was just amazing.

my whistle has been wet and just can't wait to have another one like it

cheers gary
Jan L
Chatty

Post by Jan L »

Cracking weekend, very happy to have got a prize :) :) ...... but oh so tired!!!!
Girlpower!
Chris L
Regular

Post by Chris L »

The speedflying ............http://youtu.be/76Ar2gYgSRo

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 8) 8)
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Cracking vid Chris, great spectacle too. I think I want to have a go?
Chris L
Regular

Post by Chris L »

You need to :idea:
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

We should all have a Hurtles weekend!
Speed fly, XC, tandem, beer and medals 8)
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

Glad you all had a groovy time, putting smiles on faces is what we like to do in Cumbria :)

Link to XC mag report: http://www.xcmag.com/2011/06/lakes-char ... sary-bash/