Carlton Bank - now Members Only

A section of our forum for CSC, NYSC and DHPC

Moderator: Club Moderators

RichardC
Chatty

Carlton Bank - now Members Only

Post by RichardC »

I have not seen anything on your forum, you may already be aware but if not:

Due to new arrangement with the land owners, Carlton Bank is now a NYSC members only site.

After a massive effort over the past few years we have once again gained access to the road up and the takeoff. So please join and support our club. Strict rules are now enforced for access to the top of the moor by the track. This mostly affects HG pilots but now we have done all the work to get access back please help us keep it.
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Good & bad news Richard

Post by ron freeman »

Great news & well done Richard that Carlton bank is back for all to fly, why has the decision been made for 'members only site'
I personnally agree if pilots fly on a regular basis (including Model ridge) they should become a member of that club but excluding genuine one-off visitors seems a shame.
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
RichardC
Chatty

Post by RichardC »

Ron, I'm afraid I can't take any glory for this, most of the hard work over the past few years has been done by John Lewis our sites officer.

My understanding is that as part of the agreement there are strict rules regarding keys for the gate and we have to ensuring people who fly are aware of where to, and more importantly, where not fly. Unfortunately I've not got the details and John is away flying in Bulgaria.
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

in golf you have certain privalages of been chairman does that give me automatic rights? looks like another club to join i guess a big boost to the hg i would say.

cheers gary
nickonanova
Mingling

Re: Good & bad news Richard

Post by nickonanova »

ron freeman wrote:Great news & well done Richard that Carlton bank is back for all to fly, why has the decision been made for 'members only site'
I personnally agree if pilots fly on a regular basis (including Model ridge) they should become a member of that club but excluding genuine one-off visitors seems a shame.
Hi Ron, carlton bank has always been members only, it is just that now the pressure is on to enforce it. http://nysc.org.uk/modules/content/index.php?id=30