Freddie and the Dreamers?

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

MadDog
Chatty

Freddie and the Dreamers?

Post by MadDog »

Loved that little talk last night by Chris Scamell….many thanks to Gary for organising it…..and Chris, for making it so good to listen to….Well done that young man..
And many thanks to, to your parents for letting you stay out so late….hope you made it safely into the sixth form on the following day.
As I looked around me last night, at all the enthralled faces, lost in their own dreams of fame and fortune as the North East’s top triangle jockey, I felt like calling the fire brigade to give them all a good hosing down….
Get a life man…get real, we are the NHPC….which is synonymous with Joe Loser…. and the only triangles that we are acquainted with are the ones that we used to play in the school band!
That being said….I’ve got to admit it myself…that the dreamer in me was also taking over, and as I was processing everything that Chris was saying,
I also came to realise that there is a Quantum leap, between wanting to do big triangles, or small triangles for that matter, and actually doing them, and a major shift in attitude is required, and a vast re- appraisal of the Lake District as a place to fly….
A hundred years of flying over there in the past on the hang-glider , along with the memories of…..Blatted at Blease, Clobbered at Clough, Stung at St Bees, needs to be shown the door, sent to the recycle bin…
Paragliding is different, it’s a whole new ball game, and not the Russian roulette that is hang gliding…And you have to move over to the fact that you certainly will go down a lot if triangles become your game …I’m surprised that Chris didn’t emphasise that fact more than he did, and of course the other thing is to realise that the long hump in….and the long walk out, will now have to be taken into consideration as well.
Not forgetting the necessity of a brand new set of knees!
Nil wind flying and low sites, Cross Fell for instance, just won’t cut the mustard anymore.
Did you notice the hump into take off at that Langdale Pikey Thing?.....And that Scarfell Pike as well?
Brian, you had better get into better shape than you are now, I don’t want you dropping my good glider beneath you when you eventually collapse of exhaustion on the way to the tops of all these new hills/mountains/Everest’s we will be visiting this summer!
It will have to be goodbye to going over the back as well; you will just have to forget those little forays from High Cap to Garragill for the present….
In fact I think that Gary should announce a twenty five pound prize, for the first 50 KM triangle from a lakes district site, if he can possibly get his head out of all those little tiddlers that he has been doing this past year.
Who knows? He might even win it himself!....
Over my dead body….
Just get that cheque in the post: 2 Frankie Laine Drive, today!
So to bring it altogether then….Thanks to Chris again…Brilliant talk.
You have certainly given us the fuel for the rocket, we promise to be good lads and give up forever doing little ones over the back, and concentrate on making your dream of the Lake District becoming the big triangle centre of the whole universe come true… by throwing ourselves off the top of all the highest hills around Keswick, and beyond (perhaps) like Japanese Suicide squads on Fisherman’s Friends
Roll on the summer, and all those sweaty humps!
And could this be the clubs handsomest man?
Attachments
DSCF0746.JPG
DSCF0746.JPG (62.1 KiB) Viewed 2770 times
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

:roll: :roll: :roll: Oh Wise Words Old Man ...You Understand Much From Unst! Your Olive Tree On Yonder Hill :roll: :roll: :roll:
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

o' so wise and those tiddlers are so much fun distance is one thing but can i break five hours in the air this year. the best looking man in the club absolutely and has proved to give us flying every time he comes in the van
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

can i break five hours in the air this year
In total maybe! :lol:
All at once? Not a chance with your little bladder! :lol:

John the fitness program is under way, your sherpa awaits your command!
PS that light weight harness still hasn't arrived! :cry:
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01