N54S BACK ON!!!!!

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

brian day
Regular

N54S BACK ON!!!!!

Post by brian day »

Philip Wallbank has negotiated the use of a site (Longridge) for Saturday and Sunday looks like it could be OK for Parlick.
Campsite and all other details are the same.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

Have updated the status and dave has sent me the new info I will update the page as soon as i get home about 7ish
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Still have room in the car for one person to the PSC round will be leaving teesside at 1700 fri afternoon will pick up as far as newcastle. Anyone interested just give me a ring.

07824 554735
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Unfortunately looking like I can't make it I'm afraid. :cry:
Best of luck to those that are going down, hope you have a good weekend and keep the NHPC flag flying high.
Colin, can you take the team entry form for me please?
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Yeah no problem brian i'll sort the team form and stuff dont forget everyone to print off the pilot entry form from the N54S page I'll take some blank copies with me just in case. See you all there.

07824 554735
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Apart from me and Ron Don is anyone else planning on going down as it seems others are traveling else where for flying. Is going to look really good when only 2 of us turn up especially all the effort that has been put in I know Dave Evans has had to do a lot to make sure this still happens with the wind direction they have been given.

07824 554735
milleboy
Chatty

Post by milleboy »

If people don't support comps then they'll not happen again.....it take's loads of effort to organise, usually in people free time, and if there is little interest they won't do it again.
Aviation Consultant.......
Advance, Nova, Gin, Airwave, Ozone, Flytec, Sup Air, Woody Valley, Kortel..............................the list is endless!
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

:( Tricky for me this weekend,,Paul is away
No Van
Lonesome Hound to watch..he's pineing :???:

Might try to get Sunday but we will see
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

I am not sure what has happened here, as from the start of the year I had decided that I was not going to do any competitions. The reason been is it is my first full year without injury and I just wanted to get as much flying as I can, without been under pressure or tasks. This was always going to be a problem, as there are always people using my vehicle to get them around. So for this reason alone I will be travelling alone as not to detract others from flying the comp. Paragliding is a very selfish sport and this type of commitment is always going to happen.
As a club over the last few years we could not even get a club comp going let alone six competitions so it’s hardly surprising that this is happening now. I still think that if even 2 turn up it will be a good show for the club, not the best but much better than none.
Unfortunately I will be doing my own thing this weekend probably on my own for some soul searching.
I hope you all have a great time and have the best flying as after all this is why we do it.

Cheers Gary
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

I can understand that people have thier own thing to do, it just doesnt seem coincidental to me that the first round that isnt on our doorstep gets the poor turnout, obviously it hasnt happened yet and I hope im proven wrong, I wish i could do more to encourage people but other than offer free lifts i dont know what i can do and im also a low airtimer myself.

07824 554735
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

what can i say excellent first night the pub and the atmosphere is great and as long as your supping they'll keep serving althugh i bailed out about 1am

07824 554735
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Tasks for today have been canned due to strong wind so we are chilling for the rest of today and maybe having a look at parlick this evening if the sea breeze kicks in. No tasks till tomorrow as long as the weather plays ball.

07824 554735
GlennP
Regular

Psc ns54

Post by GlennP »

To be fair to those who aren't attending the psc round was cancelled a few days ago and people will have made other arrangements.

Added to that the BBC were (correctly) forecasting strong northerlies from as far back as last weekend. Too strong for flying and the comp site didn't take a northerly.

Money is tight for most people these days going to a conp based on a bad forecast might be a luxury some people could do without.

Good luck to the NHPC members that have attended. Thank you for representing the club.
You are only as good as your last flight........
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

breifing will be at longridge early Sunday as they expect it to blow out then to move to parlic in the afternoon.

07824 554735