Carlton Monday 31st May

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

RichardC
Chatty

Carlton Monday 31st May

Post by RichardC »

Could somebody please help us?

Posted by John Lewis our sites officer:

"Just had a call from an upset landower from Carlton Bank, again telling me that powered paragliders have been flying over her farm despite several requests for them not to do this including in the BHPA Skywings Magazine. Please let me know who they were as the owner wishes to speak with them via her solicitor.

This has now seriously jeopardised our access to this site."

Richard Cardwell NYSC
Mike Brown
Regular

Post by Mike Brown »

Richard this is rediculous!!! She cannot expect every body not to fly over her land!! It DOES NOT and never will be a restricted area as on an airmap!!! She has the 500ft rule and im afraid thats it legally!To suggest talking thru a solicitor is unbelievable!!! The majority of PPG pilots are not in the BHPA so will not see anything in skywings. All pilots planning on flying anywhere xc be it fast jet, balloon, ailrline or PPG or whatever have access to aircharts showing ALL of the restricted areas in the uk!! Thats it! There aint one there so how can you or she expect others outside of the local knowledge thing to avoid overflying!!
Anyway not going to bang on about this here. Please get your sites officer to ring me as i think i know who it may have been and if it was who i think it may have been they would have been at least 2000ft above!!
Getting the numbers of the captains names of the various airliners and light aircraft and fast jets that will have flown over may take me a little more time but in the mean time please pass on their joint apollogies for LIVING!!!
Mike
07885 397755
P.S. Best get him to ring me before next large PPG gathering at Model i believe being planned for early September!!
Neil
Chatty
Full Name: Neil Smith

Post by Neil »

i was there, were is here farm relative to take off looking straight out. if its the farm in front and to the right, 3 motors flew over it at 500ft above take off on the way out and about 1500ft on the way back. i dont know there names but they were very high. they all climed above the take of before heading out.
never waste a hard on and don't trust a fart
RichardC
Chatty

Post by RichardC »

The farm is the one on the left of the road as you go down the hill.

This one.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=fi ... 9&t=h&z=16
Neil
Chatty
Full Name: Neil Smith

Post by Neil »

I didn’t see anyone overfly the left hand side of the road. All the motors came in to land almost square on to the hill. I flew hence my which farm question. The wind was directly from behind. I took off towards the cafe then turned slowly climbing. headed out to the right climbing to 1000 ft headed back into wind then dropped vertically just in front of take off. Put on power and landed next to my van. The other two took off towards the cafe turned climbed and flew directly to the coast. Came back at sun down really high and I mean high. They flew over the gliding club over the cafe then descended in front of take off, in to wind before, landing next to van. If she looked up she would have seen them but not over her. Hope this helps. One person flew earlier but I wasn’t watching about 1hour prior to me then again 5 mins before me. The second time he took off was up round and down all over take off. There was the helicopter which landed earler in the day. did he over fly the farm?
Also are any of the paramotorits members of your club? shouldnt she be talking to John?
never waste a hard on and don't trust a fart