Carlton, possible problem

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

RichardC
Chatty

Carlton, possible problem

Post by RichardC »

Does anybody know the pilot who landed in the fields below Carlton on Sunday?

John Lewis (Sites officer) has been summoned to a meeting by the land owner, who also owns the take off.

Please Please note that anybody flying on Carlton must NOT land near the stud farm at the bottom. See the sites guide if your not sure.

If you are below the ridge be aware that you have to make a decision early to head for Model or head to the official landing field in the village.

If you know the pilot please make them aware of the site rules. After the paramotor incident this site is getting more sensitive.

lets hope the meeting John is going to isn't to inform us that we cannot fly Carlton!
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

the only pilots i seen land was on the side but there was a lot of pilots taken off from the should the sites officer being one of them. i did land out front but that was no where near the bottom and was on the a172 3.5k from take off so could not be possiblly be me. i also made sure i landed in a non stocked field litteraly on the 172. if someone landed down there it had to of been early on before 12 as that is when we crossed over from carlton to model and i know for sure it was no nhpc. as chris went out the back with you i did brian and mad dog landed on model and for the rest who took off from the shoulder not sure the were.

its a shame that a small eror from a pilot landing for his her safet could yet again cause so much hassle.

i notice there is a lot of visiting pilots going down to model cringle carlton can there not be a small sign put up to make sure that this does not happen again. as you have to go through the gate so an a4 poster would be surfice to help stop things
http://www.nhpc.org.uk/nhpc/modules.php ... ghtID=5049
cheers gary
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Carlton bank

Post by ron freeman »

I can remember flying Carton bank in 1978 with top pilot Dick Christen and we always had trouble with the land owner at the botton (Stud Farm)

A poster on the gate up to the site is a good idea (very sensitive site) plus
since it is a members only site and in the middle of lambing.. only the official landing fields should be used then everybody will stay happy.
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
Mike Brown
Regular

Post by Mike Brown »

In a "discussion" with me last year this "Lady" told me that she "allows" the Gliders from the gliding club to overfly her land and also kindly allows the airforce to overfly!! Think she may once again need reminding of airlaw and the fact that she has a 500ft bubble around her property livestock etc and no more!!
However agree it is sensitive and best to avoid if at all possible which landing there certainly is. I was at the so called Paramotor incident when she appeared and very nearly called the police as her behaviour was disgracefull at best!! Need anymore info on this then contact me offline!!
Cheers
Mike
simon
Mingling

re mike

Post by simon »

i understand your point mike but wether you or i or anyone else thinks the lady at the bottom is a bit over the top or just down right unreasonable. is rather irrelevant, its her land and she decides who if anyone at all fly's there so the bottom line is, abide by the rules or fly else where as this is an extremely sensitive site. and its not like we have enough in the nysc to lose any. and on the day in question i was flying at model when the wind came round to the west. some of us stayed at model. some walked up carlton, and at least one person (not an nysc member i think) took off from the ridge below the quarry and scratched about. and wether they caused the problem or not, there is no take off there as all flying below the path is banned, and thats below it. do not fly there. model as you are all aware becomes very busy on a good day, the nysc is a very relaxed club and welcomes all pilots. free flying and powered, but please bare in mind that as relaxed about flying at model as john is, a very short distance away we have a flying site owner with a very short fuse. so please, please respect her wishes and our club so this important site is not lost to all of us.