any diabetics in the club as info would be good

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

any diabetics in the club as info would be good

Post by gary stenhouse »

my you nefhew came into work not feeling too good yesterday and decribed the symptons i told him to go to dr asap and i was right type 1 diabetes there was no pass go straight to hospital and now at 22 he will be on insulin for the rest of his life.

interested if any one out there and how it changes your life or can you just get on with it

cheers gary
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

we have 2 diabetics at work but there are the more serious type 2 diabeties very unstable but as long as they keep to their routine they are fine and lead a normal life obviously they have to watch their sugar intake.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

from what i understand type 1 diabetes you dont produce your own insulin whatsover and is more stable than type 2 diabetes which because either you have a low insulin production or your insulin doesnt work properly means you can fluctuate all over the place and is slightly harder to manage, injecting isnt too bad at first but after prolonged injecting can become painfull especially if your unlucky enough to hit a recent hole as my m8 describes it. also regular checking of blood sugar damages the tips of your fingers, my friend was diagnosed 10 years ago the other only 2 year ago, he has had a few near misses due to drink walking home through the park after a session he suddenly calapsed and fell unconciouse but was luckily found by police an hour later.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

car insurance will go through the roof :(
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

no apparently you have to tell the insurance company but it is illegal to put the premium up.
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

Lost a best friend to it some time ago...

He chose to carry on with life as normal (work hard play harder).

Basically from what I understand you get a more finely balanced candle, you burn it the way you choose, the same as everybody else.

The biggest difference is of cause that a hang over, being run down or eating junk food every now any then isn't something most of us can't get over.

Unfortunately the flame burns much harder.

Guess it's all about life style choices (isn't everything).

Make sure he knows that there's no stigma attached so that he lets people know what to do if he were to have a turn for the worst.

Had one of the most memorable experiences of my life the first time Rob decided to start munching pesetas on a lads holiday as at first I thought he was showing off!

RIP RD.
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)