Rage against the Machine - Christmas number one.!!!!

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Fingers
Regular

Rage against the Machine - Christmas number one.!!!!

Post by Fingers »

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

The gen, for those that this all just passed un noticed.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&rl ... =&aq=f&oq=

The parody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWdHyCjfFxM

youtube have to delete these from there site! copyright issues, erm..
wonder why, and who is complaining. Simon? search youtube for ratm x factor they cant delete quick enough

This is a MASSIVE event in the music industry and proves the power people have to make a change, for the better. For too long music has come second place to money.
Last edited by Fingers on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

local lad & local support

Post by ron freeman »

Nothing to do with music... Steve they just wanted to stop Simon from the No 1 spot

I feel sorry for our local lad (Joe) with huge talent and ambition I'm pleased I voted for him.
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
Fingers
Regular

Re: local lad & local support

Post by Fingers »

ron freeman wrote:Nothing to do with music... Steve they just wanted to stop Simon from the No 1 spot

I feel sorry for our local lad (Joe) with huge talent and ambition I'm pleased I voted for him.
Your right Cowel and co have nothing to do with music. But this act of the people had everything to do with music Ron..... I bought the RATM single, it felt very liberating. Why feel sorry for the lad, is his life over? He won a Karaoke competition and like all the others before, he will probably never be heard of again, not becasue he did not get to number one at Christmas. There are thousands of people in the northeast with more musical tallent in there little fingers Ron.
ron freeman
Seasoned

Its all down to taste

Post by ron freeman »

Pic says it all..
Attachments
matter of taste
matter of taste
2005-03-11.gif (10.1 KiB) Viewed 9969 times
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Sadly, I think you will find that RATM are also signed with a certain Mr Cowel, so it was a bit of a hollow victory.
The Chillies are far better!
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Hollow victory? Simon Cowell does not own Sony, who RATM are signed to, Brian? Its not to stop Simon making a few pennys more.

But this is not important, nor is the Track chosen, it could be any track.

THE WHOLE POINT IS;

The people have voted to say we are sick of the sugered load of tripe that comes from Cowel and his like, started by Stock, Aken and co before him.

This country has produced the most prolific artists in popular music this planet has ever seen, do I really need to list em?. They are still there in the thousands, and I would like to hear them. This is a step to tell the music industry that the PEOPLE have had enough.

The next time Cowel talks to Sony or anyone about spending millions on his next money making venture, they might now think twice about it. I for one hope this is the begining of the end.

And clearly the people who like X-Factor and love the type of music Cowel and Co produce are going to find this whole thing very hard to undersand indeed.
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

And clearly the people who like X-Factor and love the type of music Cowel and Co produce are going to find this whole thing very hard to undersand indeed.
And I bet you watched it every Saturday night from beginning to end! :D

Although perceived as a victory for the people and popular music, I still believe most peoples motive for buying RATM was an up yours to Simon Cowel rather than anything to do with music.

Beginning to sound a bit like a branch of the 'Tooting NF' 'Power to the People'
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
myerscouse
Chatty

Post by myerscouse »

Im with you fingers , you ve taken the words right out of my mouth Power to the people as a real talent once said
Impress Yours Friends With A Friend Impressor
Dave Hume
Chatty

Re: local lad & local support

Post by Dave Hume »

ron freeman wrote:Nothing to do with music... Steve they just wanted to stop Simon from the No 1 spot

So even you are seeing this as Cowel's record, not this Joe guy whoever he is. And of course that's what it is.....

Wether he gets to number one or not the guy would be in the same position in a few months time as all the other X Factor crowd once the media and everyone else have forgotten about them.

At last we have a backlash from real music fans who want genuine music with passion and emotion from genuinely talented musicians who write their own material, rather than constantly regurgitated plastic cover versions which we've been drip fed with for far too long.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Well I love the X Factor its good family entertainment and Christmas is about goodwill to all men and singing nice songs/carols not like the load of shite that's at number 1

Plus 20 million watched the final so people do enjoy this type of music. Just because cowell has come up with a winning formula should he be penalized
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Dave Hume
Chatty

Post by Dave Hume »

John Wallis wrote:Just because cowell has come up with a winning formula should he be penalized
Music should not be about formula. It should be about passion, emotion, talent etc....
ron freeman
Seasoned

Each to his own

Post by ron freeman »

Each to his own... I would only buy a record if I like it ! not to stop another record. 8)

The christmas no 1 is a disgrace & rubbish
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

no musicion or music boffin but after hearing some of the contestants sing they were better singers than most of the pros who came on. take paul mcartney he could not sing for toffee and still canot yet look where he is.
and as for 1 hit wonders leona has hit amerca by storm so not that much of a one hit wonder.

myleen class was another also a top musician in many intruments inclufding the flute

but asking me about music well i like vivaldi and clasical how extreme is that?
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Like I have said.
And clearly the people who like X-Factor and love the type of music Cowel and Co produce are going to find this whole thing very hard to understand indeed.
There are those that just know, those that don't know and those that don't know, they don't know.

Cowel and his like are brilliant business men/women, but have NO idea about music, NONE...... they know how to make money.

What is so beautiful about what has happened here is the guy who started the campaign did so with ZERO marketing, ZERO spin, ZERO MONEY... Within just over 1 week we were over 1.5 million strong. Now that is remarkable....... no mater what you might think, no mater if you love Cowel or not.!!!

There were 500,000 at the first woodstock.
Dave Hume
Chatty

Post by Dave Hume »

gary stenhouse wrote:came on. take paul mcartney he could not sing for toffee and still canot yet look where he is.
Well. Macca can sing, I've heard quite a few live things he's done and some are brilliant, some not so good but I think he has sufficient track record to say the guy is a talented individual.

The big difference though is he is an amazing songwriter. Not one of the X factor contestants has ever done anything original. They don't even do there own take on the covers they're singing, just straight copies of the original....
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

Sorry :idea:
Last edited by RonDon on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
Dave Hume
Chatty

Re: Each to his own

Post by Dave Hume »

ron freeman wrote:Each to his own... I would only buy a record if I like it ! not to stop another record. 8)

The christmas no 1 is a disgrace & rubbish
Have you never heard of such a thing as a PROTEST Ronnie? That's what this is. A lot of people have bought this record because they are tired of plastic manufactured music, and wether they like the song or not is immaterial, they are music fans and want to do something to change things in the music industry, to help give genuine musicians who have commitment, emotion and passion for the music a chance.

As expected Cowell and his X Factor generation are completely missing the point because they're people who aren't really interested in music. These are the sort of people who when you ask what kind of music they like reply "anything", which really means they like nothing. Music to them is nothing more than a pleasant tune that gets lodged in the brain through constant drip feeding by commercial radio and the popular media. To Cowell it's just a source of revenue.
ron freeman
Seasoned

Thought...

Post by ron freeman »

Dave, you said it was about 'talent, passion, emotion, now its about protest ? sour grapes I say :lol:
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Music to them is nothing more than a pleasant tune
That's about right then :) That's the way I see it :)
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

gary stenhouse wrote:but asking me about music well i like vivaldi and clasical how extreme is that?
Thats Proper music Gary --- nothing extreme about that, I'm looking forward to travelling with you and we'll listen to Vivaldi, Motzart & Beathoven :)
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

got some great clsical on the iphone got all the classical movies lots of e minor and majors

will that be traveling in the van one day when the winds are light and the sun is shining, hopefully soon though gill goes in for her hip op tomorrow so looks like the next coming eeks is unlikely other than a bit ppg from the beach

cheers gary
Dave Hume
Chatty

Re: Thought...

Post by Dave Hume »

ron freeman wrote:Dave, you said it was about 'talent, passion, emotion, now its about protest ? sour grapes I say :lol:
Completely missing the point Ronnie. It's a protest by people who want to promote music with talent, passion and emotion, rather than the soulless drivel which is churned out of Simon Cowell's X Factor production line.....

Go back to the sixties and seventies. Protest has always been linked with great music, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Joan Baez etc, people with passion in their soul.

Nothing wrong with a bit of classical music now and again either, Gary and John. When played by the right people it's got emotion too.
Dave Hume
Chatty

Post by Dave Hume »

John Wallis wrote:
Music to them is nothing more than a pleasant tune
That's about right then :) That's the way I see it :)
I'll have to get Bill to sing the Disneyworld song, "It's a small world" to you. Very pleasant tune at first, but when it gets in your head it'll drive you nuts.....
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

just a thought but to be racing driver you dont have to be a tecnision this is like singing to be a great singer does not meen you can right musiic. my nice auditioned for the xfactor in manchester and it is just a big show. but you will oftern see the ones who get near the top often have a lot more history in music in thexfactor. some have been trying there whole life to be pop star. but making it is more like winning the lottery the right place right time etc.
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

Fingers tou took the words right ouy of my mouth
I would rather listen to this for the rest of my kife :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxvlKp-76io (listen to it all the way through if you dare)

than be force fed the shite that comes out of Simon Cowels sausage machine.
as for the young faggot from shields why feel sory for him he,s been lucky enough to win a game show and is gettin very well paid for it
I HATE COMPUTERS
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

bill-scott wrote:Fingers tou took the words right ouy of my mouth
I would rather listen to this for the rest of my kife :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxvlKp-76io (listen to it all the way through if you dare)

than be force fed the shite that comes out of Simon Cowels sausage machine.
as for the young faggot from shields why feel sory for him he,s been lucky enough to win a game show and is gettin very well paid for it
I whole hart (Laaa,.. la, laaa,.... laaaaarr, laaaaaa, laaaa, laaaaa.) edly, agree Bill(Laaa,.. la, laaa,.... laaaaarr, laaaaaa, laaaa, laaaaa.) . He has won a (Laaa,.. la, laaa,.... laaaaarr, laaaaaa, laaaa, laaaaa.) competition like some one wins(Laaa,.. la, laaa,.... laaaaarr, laaaaaa, laaaa, laaaaa.) the Generation (Laaa,.. la, laaa,.... laaaaarr, laaaaaa, laaaa, laaaaa.) Game, didnt he(Laaa,.. la, laaa,.... laaaaarr, laaaaaa, laaaa, laaaaa.) do well.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

I'll have to get Bill to sing the Disneyworld song, "It's a small world" to you. Very pleasant tune at first, but when it gets in your head it'll drive you nuts.....
And the song by rage won't????????
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

John Wallis wrote:
And the song by rage won't????????
It does not matter if it does or not. I guess some people will not get it so long as thay have a hole in there arse.

Oh well, no matter, it matters not what you think, or if you get it or not, this is an historic event. I am proud to have stamped my name on it and helped it happen.

I thought i would share the news for those who care about music, and might have missed it.
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

this is an historic event
And I'm sure it will rank alongside the great musical historic events of our life time..... NOT!
It will stand where it deserves to be, lower in importance than all past Christmas Number 1s. Because lets face it, they only managed to be number one in what is now becoming a minority chart among several others.
Viv La Revolution, long hair, antiestablishmentism, social outcasts, old people that still listen to their music at a higher volume than their children, mind altering drugs, extreme musical genre and of course the NHPCMAS and their new committee. :wink:
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
ron freeman
Seasoned

Obama

Post by ron freeman »

Obama...now thats an historic event !

The sheep syndrome got together and bought a record and I bet they don't even play it... :lol:

20,000000 viewers could not give a jott the show will still go on 8)