what a flight

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

simon
Mingling

what a flight

Post by simon »

well i think it is no doubt about the pilot of the month for july, i nominate mister guthrie. i must admit to being quite suprised when i logged on this evening expecting to read all about it and hardly a mention to be found. i would have thought you lot would have been shouting it from the roof tops! not only is a 110km ish flight a fantastic achievment but having talked to some of the guys that were there it was by all accounts nigh on unflyable. with the local weather fell xc gurus all there, jake herbert, chris fountain and dave smart doing nothing and dave not even getting his wing out of the bag, it was also as far as i can make out the only xc done from the dales on saturday. a stunning flight in very tricky conditions, and all of that with a retrieve back to hawes and home in time to tuck lilly rose in and give her a kiss goodnight, but thats another story eh ali :wink:
Neil
Chatty
Full Name: Neil Smith

Post by Neil »

As Ali took off he consoled himself with the thought. Neils got the air ambulance on speed dial :cry:
well done
never waste a hard on and don't trust a fart
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

what a flight it was, if only he would share it with us, yet as usual mr gutherie is keeping his flights back, even though he promised to put them on today. the problem with ali is he does not feel it neccassary to shout it from the roof tops as we all know he;s the boy and when he wants to kick ass he can do it with his eyes shut.

your the boy ali get your bloody flights up

cheers gary
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

Well done indeed Ali, you have found your mojo and a bit more. 110k is a long long way, it makes me wonder if you didnt keep bumping into the beach just how far could you go? You need to move south.
The flip side of living at the skinny bit of the uk.
It would be helpful to hear an account whether it be from a rooftop or not. (at the moment i personally prefer a rooftop:-) )
Get your flight up or your not getting my quality st wrappers to protect your nads from that Hirta at Fylingdales:-)
cheers
Jim
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

I'll stick it on asap, I can't find my lead and there;s some question over whether I flew through temporary airspace or not.... something to do with the Red Arrows? (need to cjeck that out first)

Neils comments aren't far from the truth. There were a series of events leading up to the flight that brought on a feeling of deja vu and left me in a negative vibe. However, I think telling him to "get your own F$£*king radio" broke the spell this time.

The first 15-20 ft over TO was a bit of a rollercoaster but after that the conditions were smooth, though strong at times, and the only rough air to mention was when passing through the sea breeze convergence at Whitby. I understand Andy Leigh had a more bumpy ride though.

Big BIG thanks to Mrs Greenwell for the lift back to Hawes It was greatly appreciated especially seeing as all the NHPC members had scarpered and there was little traffic to hitch a lift with.

Simon. cheers, I bet it feels good to clear some dept...remember Wether -York 2004...but fancy getting your mum to do your dirty work...disgraceful!!

Ali
peter r
Mingling

Ali G XC

Post by peter r »

Excuse me while i explain Ali's reluctance to do a write up . I think you all underestimate your own ability for xc flight. Ali knows he is only trying to keep up with the NHPC xc crew who fly 110% whenever they are out and take whatever distance they can achieve.( which is always good) he just chances his arm now and again and this time he's spawned another lucky flight , probably dragged away in some lift he couldn't get out of? I know he's now a family man but come on write it up inbetween nappy c hanges or catapult feeding !! You know you love it !! :twisted: :twisted: (Disclaimer : before anbody gets on my back this all tongue in cheek and Ali will know this ) Brilliant flight . 8) Peter Rycroft ( peter r) Just seen Ali's post but written too much and some points are relevant :oops:
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

some question over whether I flew through temporary airspace or not.... something to do with the Red Arrows? (need to cjeck that out first)
Ali, it was a total wind up, I didn't think you had bit! :lol: :lol:
Sounds like an excellent flight, well done.
Speaking as the club xc duffer, yes I was the one that got the least distance, had the longest walk through the peat bogs (1 1/2 hours) and got a lift from a 90 year old woman and missed half the BBQ when I got home, :cry:
I need some help! Got a bit of a pedigree in the canoeing world if you want some lessons, or windsurfing or surfing or kitesurfing, I'll even lend you my pet sheep if you can get me to fly a bit further!
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

just looked at the flight and boy you certainly motored along 110k in just over 3 hours. you must of got good strong climbs as they were so much slower than xfell. was your take of time 11.30 or realy 12.30?

surprised how fast as the wind drift we had was only 20kmh
well the next time i may just stop back with the mile muncher and do the ussual 20k while you fly to the coast cheers gary