Ali finds a new way to leave the hill

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Stuart Bertram
Chatty

Ali finds a new way to leave the hill

Post by Stuart Bertram »

Good news is he is OK but gutted to miss a cracking if rough day

His nose broke his fall

Stuart
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Bloody Hell Ali. We heard the news on the way back from Cross Fell I hope you are well soon.

JW
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

What happened, where when?
Cheers
Jim
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

Great news to here the 'Big Man' is o.k. We watched from Walla as the Helecopter flew around Skiddaw and then across to Blease. I prayed it was just on exercise and not for a pilot, we were then all concerned as news filtered through it was for Ali. Again great to here it is not to serious and his Romanic features came to the rescue yet again.

Thanks for posting the update Stu and what a craacking photo mate, one for Ali's Bog wall :D
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

Get Well Soon Ali.
I'm assuming from Gordies post that this happened at Blease, never a good sight to see the big yellow taxi hovering above a hill.
Jim
Stuart Bertram
Chatty

Post by Stuart Bertram »

More pictures

Not bad for a mobile phone

http://picasaweb.google.com/stuartlbert ... Imgzf7OuAE#

Stuart
Claire Smith
Mingling

Post by Claire Smith »

Take care and get well soon Ali. Saw the helicopter from Jenkin over the Blease take off and hoped as Gordie did that it wasn't there for an injured pilot. We've just had the latest update from Jill and Stuart, keep us posted on how you are getting on as soon as you are able.

Claire and Paul x
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

Hope you make a quick recovery Ali
Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Get well soon, I hope they managed to collect the contents of your clutch bag which must have spilled all over the fell.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Stuart Bertram
Chatty

Post by Stuart Bertram »

Steve
It was quite close as whilst I was driving Ali's car home I noticed that there was an ear plug on the passenger seat - just as well that Gary is out of action.

On closer inspection I discovered that it was Ali's butt plug - close call

Stuart
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

There right you know there's only one place i know of where you want a Yellow Taxi and we're a long way from NYC.

Not sure what's happened yet, guessing more than a sprained ankle and hoping you've still got use for the Dental Floss.

Get well soon.

The seasons shaping up to be a cracker so I'm sure you will.
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)
Brian Nellist
Chatty

Post by Brian Nellist »

Get well soon.
You,ll not let the ginger one get one on you.
Cheers.
Brian. 075403610ninenine

Aka the caretaker

Always keep your feet firmly on the ground, even when your heads in the air.
Pete Batey
Chatty

Post by Pete Batey »

The mountain rescue were first notified by Ali screaming "NOT THE FACE!" as he went in.
Sorry Ali, I know the last thing you need right now is a rib tickler.
Get well soon :(
Pete
Sometimes you've got to dance when the music's no good.
Kitt Rudd
Chatty

Post by Kitt Rudd »

Ali sorry to hear the news but you know xc's only count if you do it under your own wing - recover quickly m8

Kitt
Last edited by Kitt Rudd on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Air-Play Serving the Lake District, Northumbria and Scotland.
Agents for Gradient, Digifly Instruments, and Ava Sport Harnesses & Reserves 07811642533
Checkout the new Digifly Air (coming soon)http://air-play1.blogspot.com/
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

bugger the annecy four has now become the annecy 2, what some people will do to get a ride in a helicopter. hope yoy get well soon and hope we dont see too many big xc done in your absence

cheers gary
GlennP
Regular

Yellow Taxi

Post by GlennP »

Get well soon Ali.

All the best,

Glenn
You are only as good as your last flight........
peter r
Mingling

Ali on the mend

Post by peter r »

Phoned the hospital and the nurse says he is up and about .He is getting checked over at about 10 o'clock . Anyone ringing 01228 523444(hospital operator) ask for Larch A-B. Peter r.
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

Did you manage to use the Condom ?:home:

If I could have unclenched my stomach muscles and popped my eyes back into their sockets I might have seen your Taxi...So pleased I did,nt...Being rocket launched to cloud base was scary enough...It was a very rough day.
I hear on the grape vine you are the newest member of the
North of Tyne S & R Team...Hope you picked up a few tips :shock:

So pleased to hear all is OK Hope all the aches and pains leave soon :???:
K & P xx
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
alan westmoreland
Chatty
Full Name: Alan westmoreland

Post by alan westmoreland »

Eee Ali what some people will do for time off work, you could have just put some holidays in...only kidding mate hope you make a full and swift recovery take care.
happily flying the mosquito/wasp since 2001
lanceg
Chatty

Get mended soon

Post by lanceg »

Hi Ali
Just heard about your mishap - it was on the tele (Look North) news tonight - must be a slow news day being as it happened yesterday.

I am still counting on you for that trip to Tinto - so get yourself mended soon!
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

No, I've checked through all my Superhero comics, 'Ali PG's Quest to save the World from The Rmal Invasions' and I can't find this episode anywhere.
Are they starting a new series?
I've been to my newsagents and put in an order, but he can't find reference to a new series in his Super Heroes catalog anywhere.
I've checked again and I'm missing volume 7 series 37, but I'm sure it's not in that one. (If anyone's got it, I'll pay good money especially if it's the full colour version in mint condition.)
Volume 7 series 36 was the one with the big twist at the end. You know, the one where Super Hero Ali PG (is it Pertunia Guthrie or Petra Guthrie?) captures a rogue Rmal in his RCC ( Rmal Capturing Cape) at Space Coordinate NU0334516185 and wrestles it to the Criosphere where he freezes it to an inactive state and deposits it with other frozen Rmals. He then swoops back to earth to an island called T0ree (It used to be called T1ree on account of the single tree, but in a recent Rmal attack the tree was ripped from the earth and deposited in the Atlantic). Ali's landing, due to his weariness following the battle was a little rough. This was the big twist..... In fact it was all a dream and Ali had just fallen out of bed, he was in a foreign land with other superheros all wearing reindeer antlers, something to do with impersonating male deer and hatching a plot to capture a female,,,,,or some thing like that.
So I can't see how the recent episode follows on?
How did Ali get from the way off lands to be waiting in ambush to capture another Rmal invasion?
And,,,, how are these Rmals becoming so devious?
The audacity,,,, trying to steal Ali Super Hero PG's RCC from him?
Luckily our Superhero was strong and agile enough to fight off The Rmal and ripped the RCC form it's grasp.
By all accounts our Superhero's friends managed to hide the RCC as The Rmal attack continued. They sent the 'Boss', a large yellow beast swooping from the sky, which devoured our Superhero and took him to their prison.
Fortunately plans for his escape are well under way. He will then be reunited with his faithful RCC, when, hopefully he will continue his quest, with many more exciting episodes, ridding our planet of The Rmal armies as he swoops across the skies in his plight for freedom.
We have the technology, we can rebuild him,,,(oh no, that's a different comic)
Get well soon Ali
Cheers,
Brian
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

Hi All

please let me begin by thanking all of you for your expressions of concern and wishes of well...... but I must insist that you refrain from the making me laugh...it just hurts too much. I was lucky to come away from the incident with only a cracked rib but it hurts alot nonetheless so comments like "his nose broke his fall" and "his nostrils acted as a couple of drogue chutes slowing his descent" really don't help. Having said that the biggest pain has been dealing with the fact that I missed perhaps the best day I've ever seen in the Lakes.

I would like to thank Neil for insisting that I resisted the urge to dust myself down and walk down the hill and for calling the emergency services, newspaper columnists, Tv journalist and other members of the club just to make sure that my embarrassing accident got as much media coverage as possible. No seriously though mate you did the right thing; thanks.
Thanks also to Stuart for and Tony from the CSC for sorting my gear out... I guess I owe you all one.

In respect of the accident; there is perhaps more to it than can easily be put down in words but I'm prepared to give my account of things at the next club meeting, if people are interested.

Cheers and thanks again

Ali

PS I've got a new RCC onn order.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Ali

Good to hear that there's no long term damage after your close encounter on Blease. I had been flying at Tinto on Sunday and heard one set of bad news then got home and read the news on hear with no real details.

Hope the laughter muscles don't atrophy as you get better but good luck to a rapid recovery and maybe see you at Windbank or in S&W again.

Dudley

PS....I should say hi to folk on here since I have recently joined and this is my first post....Hi (y)
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

Cheers Dudley and welcome aboard.

Ali
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

PS I've got a new RCC onn order

Rectum Contraction Concealer

?

Ps

No doubt you'll be having 6 months off work at the tax payer expence with your "cracked rib"? Bloody teachers, get back to work you big puff.
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

"those who can, do: those who can't, teach and those who can't teach become web designers and start up gay companies called things like 'Custodian Computer Services etc".

Sorry Steve but I've seen how soft your hands are so don't go calling me a puff ya puff.

Ali
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Thats was a libalous slur by the police and it was never proven in court, I had no knowlage that the man who wanted to have his business meeting in the Big Market public toilets was in any way a homosexual. My clothes had only fallen off due to a strong draught of wind when I had bent down to help the poor man after he had slipped on the top of the toilet rim whilst trying to close the window and ended up with two feet in the bowl. Its the last christian act I ever perform in public, thats for sure.

Fancy you dragging that muck up again, bitch.
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

Sad Northerner AKA ALi wrote: I must insist that you refrain from the making me laugh...it just hurts too much.

Barstard...your doing this on purpose!!!
Steve.T.
Chatty

Post by Steve.T. »

Sorry to hear about the accident Ali but pleased to hear that contry to the news reports you are up and laughing(which is not so good for you) You are right about it being an exciting day, Alan Sheild recorded a 11.8 up climb above the moors near Barny Castle.not the type of place you want to be with your ribs in a "sling " though .Hope you get well soon mate and dont get to much grieff from Faye.