Pod Ponce

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Fingers
Regular

Pod Ponce

Post by Fingers »

Just what is it about the "pod" that evokes the same feeling of the rich kid turning up with the biggest and the newest and the fastest bike that mummy has just bought him for his birthday, and has no idea of how to ride it.

This is solely my opinion but the "pod" just has so much connotation and suggestion, after all it is a completely useless piece of kit. I think you "pod ponce's" would be much better off flying with a big neon sign.

So sad that I see picture after picture of people, who I know and have met, and like!! So it with appeal I say, please look at yourself! Like I would have to say something if you started waring high heels and mini skirt. Are you sure your doing the right thing.?

Never mind high jinks on Tailbridge, it is this "pod-u-ality" that could tear the club apart.

Please come forward, your among friends and they can help you.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Getting at ?

Post by ron freeman »

Not sure what your getting at Steve ? but pilots like yourself come and go and enjoy the sport for what it is.

There are also pilots who don't give a nads arse about how much damage is done to losing sites, livestock, landowners property plus the damage done to our public image.

There is one thing for sure I will try to protect our sport & club for the pilots who are in it for the longrun...
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

the pod is perfection and for me the end of my phobia of falling out my harness. yes they may look gay but, hey gay is cool in the 20th century
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Actually Gary, we are in the 10th year of the 21st Century......

I had heard Blyth was a little backward, but 10 years???

Anyway, I thought the reason for the Pod was so you could zip some nubile young woman into your harness to keep you warm whilst flying.

Just look at the grin on Neils face the next time he lands, and tell me I am wrong??!!
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

well you have heard of the mile high club and why not diy stile all in the comfort of your pod
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

And whats wrong with my high heels and mini skirt Steve!! --- why havent you said a dicky bird about them?
pods make you slicker and warmer, granted they do make you look like a ponce but paragliding is a bit of a poncy sport, thats why I like it sweetheart (makeup)
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Just look at the grin on Neils face the next time he lands, and tell me I am wrong??!
That's because he can wear the miniskirt and high heels inside the pod without getting cold!
Ronnie just wears his pod backwards and upside down to fly the stiff thing, but we know he does that to hide the nut huggers he wears at the birdman, what's your real excuse Gary/Andrew/Ali et al?
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

I'll let you know what these pod harness' are all about soon. Having had a hang in Maltby's I did find it very comfortable and there were a few very neat design features on it, plus I hate being cold. If it's as comfortable as the Genie4 in the air I'll be delighted.....Hmmmm.
:roll:

To be honest I always had a hankering to fly the hang glider supine (Real neck ache in prone) and that's basically all the paragliding pod is. :idea: Ring Ring Hello is that the Sick and The Wrong............... :twisted:
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Misk
Regular

Post by Misk »

A very happy pod ponce yesterday at Bishop - a fantastic harness but how will it cope when the rough stuff comes?
milleboy
Chatty

Post by milleboy »

Pod envy Fingers? A terrible, terrible thing envy......... :evil:
Aviation Consultant.......
Advance, Nova, Gin, Airwave, Ozone, Flytec, Sup Air, Woody Valley, Kortel..............................the list is endless!
Kitt Rudd
Chatty

Post by Kitt Rudd »

The Ava pods are by far the most popular harnesses which I sell, and I a petty sure I have not sold any to 'poncy-pilots'.

Steve when you feel ready to experience the comfort and added warmth which a pod gives be sure to give me a shout.

Kitt
Air-Play Serving the Lake District, Northumbria and Scotland.
Agents for Gradient, Digifly Instruments, and Ava Sport Harnesses & Reserves 07811642533
Checkout the new Digifly Air (coming soon)http://air-play1.blogspot.com/
chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

supine

Post by chrisfozz »

Picking up on John’s post, I’ve seen HG being flown supine a few years ago in Lanzarote but never took much notice of the harness they were using. Does anyone know if it’s been done with a PG harness?
I did see a weird thing one time called a suprone harness where the pilot could rotate from prone to supine while in flight, that was some time ago and as I say it was a bit weird. What I like the idea of is using my PG harness with the hang glider, spreader bars, wonder if the same reserve would be OK with the long bridle?
crook_101
Chatty

Post by crook_101 »

Get your credit cards out for the link below or a spreader bar with a pg harness could provide an interesting spectator event....... :lol:

http://www.fexamerica.com/newpage2.htm

Ian.
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

That looks great, I noticed he flared using the rear rigging wires, I wonder if this is necessary!! --- It's really appealing using the same harness for both.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Finger's knew he couldn't resist :twisted:
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”