Got this Gem given today :-)

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

John Wallis
Seasoned

Got this Gem given today :-)

Post by John Wallis »

Taken at The Scottish Open circa 1982 Left to right....Andrew Maltby. Dave Weir. Clive Bridges. Roger Bacon who incidentally has just bought Rob Elliott's Rumour one and will be out flying the hills again this year. If you don't know Roger you soon will :lek:

Note Maltby always one step ahead in the fashion stakes even then with his new Cocoon Harness where the rest of them still had ye olde stirrup harness'

Plus if you notice two of them are wearing the then NHPC logo on their harness shoulder support. What ever happened to the suggestion of new sweat shirts etc? It might be a good time to get some clothing ordered for the new season so when we go to comps the opposition will know who's just stuffed them :twisted:

I have a contact who does our work clothing he also has a web site so people can see what they're ordering. Unless this is still in hand.
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

When men were men, looks like they all should be smoking a pipe and wearing a cap.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

Beautiful shot John! Love the to see the feeling. Yes- must get the clothing and go as ONE. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
Trevor Robinson
Regular
Full Name: Trevor Robinson

Post by Trevor Robinson »

looks like a macam boy band to me
milleboy
Chatty

Post by milleboy »

Glenshee?
Aviation Consultant.......
Advance, Nova, Gin, Airwave, Ozone, Flytec, Sup Air, Woody Valley, Kortel..............................the list is endless!
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Glenshee?
That was going to be my guess, at the bottom of the Tiger
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

Yep..Glenshee...
Give away the High Tech Chair lift in the background....It's still there I think.

Ascent rate of 1ft an hour usually into howling gale accompanied by facial laceration/exfoliation by the horizontal ice crystals :???: :???:
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

It makes it so nice to arrive at the little wooden shed at the top though!
I always thought the old single chair at Glen Coe was worse; it went slower and the weather was always wetter, colder, more windswept, and it was a longer walk to the plateau to the steamy cafe.
My uncle, Jim (mother's brother) and then cousin, Drew Clark, used to be the engineers/ lift managers for the the Tiger lift, in fact Drew possibly still is, and most definitely was at the time of the photo.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Aye Glenshee bottom of the Tiger. It was always an interesting trip up balancing a hang glider, even more fun timing your dismount before the chair turned and wedged you to the mutterings of the chair attendant. :o
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”