Horden Xmas

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

RonDon
Regular

Horden Xmas

Post by RonDon »

Flying at Horden I got a sea thermal witch took me up on to the top of Beacon Hill on
28/12/2008!!! Then this posh train came threw never seen one on these tracks before.
RonDon

http://picasaweb.google.com/rondonlike/ ... _4YWKxocKA#
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

That train comes through 2-3 times a day depending on the time of year has done for about 12month now I usually follow it to hartlepool on my way to work at 7 in the morning
GlennP
Regular

the Posh train

Post by GlennP »

I think it's a company called Grand Central that do a service from Sunderland to London Kings Cross. It's all decked out like an American Diner from the 50s/60s with pictures of Marilyn Monroe on the walls.

Cheap tickets to London I am told.

Glenn
You are only as good as your last flight........
crook_101
Chatty

Post by crook_101 »

Glenn is correct abot the prices. I have used this train a good few times for work - short notice cheap day returns to London compared to GNER, Virgin etc <£100 first class and <£50 standard - if you are taking the family take your Monopoly pieces with you to keep the kids entertained as they have Monopoly boards printed on the tables.........
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

When looking at the photo of the viaduct If you look to the left down among the trees you can seen the mouth of a cave, there are three or four caves down there witch where
Cut out of the rock by the Irish Navigators/Navy’s who built that lovely red brick viaduck.
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

RonDon wrote:When looking at the photo of the viaduct If you look to the left down among the trees you can seen the mouth of a cave, there are three or four caves down there witch where
Cut out of the rock by the Irish Navigators/Navy’s to live in while they wear building that lovely red brick viaduck.