Question from one of my girls

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

John Wallis
Seasoned

Question from one of my girls

Post by John Wallis »

Why did crocks survive when dinosaurs didn't?
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

Dinosaurs did survive, theres a few in our club :o
crook_101
Chatty

Post by crook_101 »

Hi John,

This might help..........the short answer is that we don't yet have all the answers to this questions, and the matter is still the subject of considerable debate and argument amongst scientists. As is often the case with questions of this nature, the answer is probably very complex, possibly because crocodiles are cold-blooded and don't need to eat as much food as warm-blooded animals in order to stay alive. A crocodile can go without food for a year or more, if necessary, whereas the same was almost certainly not true of dinosaurs.

Many reptiles and amphibians can enter a state of hibernation or torpor, essentially "sleeping" through long cold periods. A winter of several years instead of just a few months might not have been a problem for those creatures, which had slowed down their metabolisms to a crawl anyway. When the world warmed again, they thawed out and carried on as before.

Cheers,
crook_101
:wink:
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

No no no, I have to disagree with Prof Crook.

They arrived 2000BC around tea time from Thooomar, a small planet in the Heston Zone.

There craft was found by the Americans in the 60's but they did not want to share this information. I only know about it as I have a third eye connection direct with Thooomar, the crocks or "Thooomarians" as they are known on there own planet, are a charming bunch once you know thier language.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
crook_101
Chatty

Post by crook_101 »

Hi Steve,

Whilst i value your discussion points, I am afraid i have to question your data accuracy. If you knew your history, you would know that, as I am sure that the rest of the country does, the Thooomarians did arrive around 2000BC but it was more like supper time. :D

I am sure this was just a slip on your part as I can't believe a scholar of your reknowned reputation but such a basic mistake as this when discussing this matter.

Should you want wish to discuss the matter further, please come along to the "Friends of Thooomarians Meeting, held last Wednesdays of the month at the Corner House. We have an interesting lecture this month, Socky Janderson is doing a talk on Thooomarians - would a DHV1 recovered in time to prevent the crash in the 60s!!!

Have a great day.
crook_101
:vilain:
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

You can always tell when the weather is crap...... :D :D :D
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

It's actually a serious question. Thanks to Ian for a sensible answer...Steve whatever it is you are taking I would give them a miss.
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

John Wallis wrote:It's actually a serious question. Thanks to Ian for a sensible answer...Steve whatever it is you are taking I would give them a miss.
Oh sorry John,

If its knowlage and learning your after, try this for the meaning of life http://www.nhm.ac.uk/

And for your sense of humour http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/ma ... features11
crook_101
Chatty

Post by crook_101 »

Herr Fingers,

Ja, das ist gut mein Herr. (emo)

Crook_cue the silly walk_101 :D
:vilain:
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Dont-Erwähnung der Krieg Ich tat einmal Aber ich denke Ich habe weg mit ihr
Dave Hume
Chatty

Post by Dave Hume »

John Watson wrote:Dinosaurs did survive, theres a few in our club :o
I thought all the dinosaurs turned into birds?
crook_101
Chatty

Post by crook_101 »

Ich denke, dass Sie taten, erzählen Sie niemandem anderem in NHPC - dass es unser Geheimnis ist!! :lol: :lol:

Danke mein zweisprachiger Freund. :wink:

Haken_einhundertein

:o
Sergey
Chatty

Post by Sergey »

Dave Hume wrote:I thought all the dinosaurs turned into birds?
So do I
crook_101
Chatty

Post by crook_101 »

Oh, wait a minute, what the hell is that flying about, can't quite make it out, if i just squint a bit. Oh yes thats it now i can see it, it's a T-Rex flying with them swallows........... :D :D :D

With the exception of spending a lifetime wading in the outflow from Sellafield (Windscale to give it it's proper name!!), I can't see the changes needed in the gene pool happpening quickly enough - reasoning - haven't seen many fossilised remains of hybrid dino's stroke flying creatures.

My apologies to any Cumbrian who takes offence as I am not suggesting for a second that there could be any mutant hybrid type creatures lurking around the Whitehaven / St Bees area - don't want to upset them cos they can type so fast with all of them there extra fingers whilst picking a mean banjo at the same time....... :lol: :lol:

crook_I am not a xenophobe - i just treat everyone with contempt_101
:wink: