Club Comp is on!

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

John Wallis
Seasoned

Club Comp is on!

Post by John Wallis »

After talking to the irrepressible Mr Myerscough tonight we are going to give the club comp and BBQ a go over this weekend. Can all who are interested meet at the Trafford Park Camping site which is on the Bewaldeth Road for 12.00 noon. We are going to try and run it over the 2 days so people who can't make Saturday will have a chance and some fun on Sunday the emphasis is on fun. The BBQ will be held on the campsite on Saturday evening the fire will be supplied but bring your own food and drink. I've also got some logs to put on the fire when the cooking's finished so we can stare into the flames like cave men :idea: Hope to see you there tomorrow there's not much left in the year so it would be nice if we get a few together.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en ... 05743&z=13
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

any idea of the camping fees
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
Brian Nellist
Chatty

Post by Brian Nellist »

Colin,Last year £4-50 PP thats it showers & toilets, Nice little site,Small shop. :)
Cheers.
Brian. 075403610ninenine

Aka the caretaker

Always keep your feet firmly on the ground, even when your heads in the air.
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

I think (tho don't hold me to it as I have just finissssshed my 2nd G & T..in training !!!) its £4.50 per person per night..Come on Col it will be great to see you and the Mrs and the little'uns come to that.
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
Brian Nellist
Chatty

Post by Brian Nellist »

Hi John yippee :D I,ll be there bright eyed and bushy tailed, 8)
Cheers.
Brian. 075403610ninenine

Aka the caretaker

Always keep your feet firmly on the ground, even when your heads in the air.
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

i'll be there for definate might have the missus in tow but wont have the kids

07824 554735
Steve.T.
Chatty

Post by Steve.T. »

should be there if I still have gear to fly with, long story!
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Any idea on sites we will be using as I would prefer to look them up before we go cant make it till tea time saturday so will only be flying sunday.

07824 554735
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

I'll br there for 7pm ish Saturday :)
but have to be back fo work 5pm Sunday :(
Cheers
Jim
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Colin here's a list that Gordie suggested more relevant to Sunday as it's looking south to south west tomorrow according to met check Spot and duration on bewaldeth :lol: Sunday' looking not to bad at all in fact quite good if the forecast is to believed

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/tod ... de=keswick
Looking at the pressure charts it does not look to bad in the great scheme of the present summer. An old inactive occluded front will bring a bit of low cloud and maybe light rain but it should not be to bad, winds not to strong.

One problem could be direction S.E. as this is Souther Fell which has a limit of 6 gliders max!!!!! due to the not to friendly farmer. It would not be great if you guys filled the hill and stopped locals flying, so if you were to use it then it would have to be a start point for x.c.'s along Blencathra, keeping gliders away from Souther. Alternatives would be West Fell, Catbells, White Pike (back of Clough £1 site fee) Coniston Old Man or Wrynose (ring Andy Plim fro south Lakes).

If Kitt did join you then he will know the current situation and provide some great assistance. Good luck.
Misk
Regular

Post by Misk »

Worth reviewing the weather for the weekend - some significant variation in conditions over relatively short distances. From the forecasts it's looking like the west is by far the best with PG ruled out for the east of the country. It only takes things to move a little for cumbria to get it too.........

http://mwis.org.uk/forecast.php?area=6
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

Yippee will be there, :idea: :idea: Will try and bring some logs

RonDon
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

It must be the weekend.........its raining:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

However if you run the animation it seems like the worst of it has gone through over night. So around Cumbria its starting to look like this:

http://www.bluestarline.org/webcams/webcam_cumbria.html

As for winds well at the moment we are the 'Bulls Eye' in the week high pressure so hard to say but at Bassenthwaite there is a slight Westerly.

The nice man on the BBC has just said that it is going to clear as the day goes on with sunshine by late afternoon, and a clear night for your 'shenanerkins' and good into Sunday (and there isn't a hurricane on the way, honest)

I will be out with the school by 10 a.m. so hopefully should have the day sussed by lunch time. Call me for an up date 07830281986.

So good luck guys, be patient as it may be a slow start and as for all this talk about logs, well you know how soft our sphagnum moss is :lol: