well tommorow could be i for a shout

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

well tommorow could be i for a shout

Post by gary stenhouse »

well unsure where but i think if predictions are right then i think blease could be in for a shout in the afternoon. what do you think gordy? the other option could be hownam law in the afternoon but it all depends on the fact there is going to be a lot of wind early on and if it blows itself out in time before the next low comes through.

so i am going out somewhere and i will fly and the dog is out aswell so you better look out for the velcro as john always finds the sink.

but as for today, what a day with even the guthers out on the water on my best kite getting some good draggings and enjoying himself. today even saw some birds in there bikinis and some of the potential kitesurfers so the the same bikinis throwing them selves at the new kitesurfing star in the rising.

cheers gary
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

I its a teasing forecast and not as bad as it has been predicted. The further NW you go the more wind so the Dales could be a gower in a southish wind. Looking at the chart I reckon (hope) there may be a bit more s.s.w. in it. As for Blease, ye maybe but tread carefully if its windy and stay well forward, however it will be close to flyable there and if so should be classic. One thing to note though, if the sky has signs of wave in it and it is windy in places then don't rush to get in the air if it appears flyable on the hill, take your time and watch the sky for signs of increasing wind.

I would pop your hangie on the roof Gary. Good luck and go far (hopefully not by car).
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

http://www.lake-district.gov.uk/weatherline/index.htm

this the fells forecast fore the lakes and i must say it looks prommising for the lakes with 15mph for the fell tops.

as for the hg not quite sure as the lakes although fantic i do not think carrying up a hg is a option at least not for me
gordie
Regular

Looks like Wallis will be eating my shorts!

Post by gordie »

Gorgeous post frontal morning in the Lakes:

http://www.bluestarline.org/webcams/webcam_cumbria.html

Cloud driffting over the top of Skiddaw in a ssw 15+ mph wind. Looking like it could be a classic over here. It will clear up in the east as the day goes on with a veering wind:

metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

So John you going to get yourself out for a fly and cheer up, or stay at home with your blow up Ronnie :wink:
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

yep looking good heading over at 9.30 with the dog so should be there by 11.30 blease fell i would say what do you think?
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

Either Jenkin or is Blease is going to put one hell of a grin on your face today, wind as I expected has no east in it. Off to Bewaldedth now with the school, please call if you need an update.
milleboy
Chatty

Post by milleboy »

At the risk of sounding pessimistic, in keswick now it seams way windy!
Aviation Consultant.......
Advance, Nova, Gin, Airwave, Ozone, Flytec, Sup Air, Woody Valley, Kortel..............................the list is endless!
milleboy
Chatty

Post by milleboy »

drizzle in keswick now!

Not sure of why blease or jenkin would put a massive grin on your face at the moment?
Does it involve sheep? :o
Advance, Nova, Gin, Airwave, Ozone, Flytec, Sup Air, Woody Valley, Kortel..............................the list is endless!
milleboy
Chatty

Post by milleboy »

Dave Ashcroft flying on Blease now. :)

But looking pretty black :(
milleboy
Chatty

Post by milleboy »

raining now..................

cloudbase 1500'
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

It's not looking good for a while unless you enjoy dodging showers. :x :x

Think next weekend will finally bring great flying weather. :shock:

Won't be taking bets on it though! :oops:
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

We just got half way up Blease to see Dave and another take off it actually looked OK in the air but they soon flew off the ridge toward the east to miss the first of many showers. We spent lots of time in the sheep pen telling stories and eating kett. Gordie who was busy eating his underpants was most helpful by keeping us informed with what info he had and we eventually drove to Bewaldeth and arrived as he was having seconds. Funny thing was by the time we got there it was sunny and warm but the wind freshened. I only had a couple of hops as it felt weird in the air and don't like broken bones so didn't try too hard. Others had a bit more flying but no one seemed to enjoy it. It was great to get out with Mad Dog and Gary and see Paul Claire Stuart Jill and Pete and catch up with them all. We ended the day by going for a nosh at the pub in Bothel, Not a great flying day but great to get out.

Thanks for the keeping us informed Gordie it ws very kind of you.
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

Great to catch up with you guys yesterday, sorry the wind freshened as you got there. (You guessed it it did drop as I was leaving later)

Bewaldeth was again in its own little weather slot all day and despite heavy showers developing all around, hardly anything reached the hill allowing us to get 2/3 of a day in for my clients with all my first day students getting to fly of the top.

If I was a pessimistic pilot I would never of gone out and not got a days work in and currently be one step closer to going bust, so as I have said many times recently 'never say never'.

Did get a good blast on the Bobcat. Which was past around various pilots afterwards. Did have to giggle at Gary zooming along, however he flew it very well and smoothly (well done mate).

P.S. I only licked my underpants to keep Wallis happy, as far as me and my students were concerned it was flyable for most of the day :twisted:
geoff wilson
Mingling

Post by geoff wilson »

Did manage to get an hours flying at Stags fell yesterday, got there about 5pm but it was

a bit top-end, wind dropped about 6.30 and by 7.30 wind had dropped to 0, but the cloud

cleared to give a fantastic sunset. Dave Kirton was the pilot who was injured at

Tailbridge a couple of weeks ago , he had a major collapse as he came into land,

suffered a broken arm but is recovering ok.
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

Forecast starting to look EPIC! :lol:

Saturday XFell! (Comp?) :o

Sunday Barkin or Blease depending on how Southely. :idea:
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

My money's on Clough for Friday and X-Fell for Saturday.

And of course Alcot Tarn (Grasmere Show) on Sunday :P
Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
Mikey Harper
Mingling

Post by Mikey Harper »

Dave, I'm taking Friday off so give me a shout if you're coming over this direction
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

an awfull ot of half full glasses though i don't share all the optimisum, looks like it still is going to be nsettled and windy according to the bbc 5 day. we will see i was thinking millers leep might be in for a shout after work toonight thogh?

cheers gary
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

Friday looking epic....(yes that pee your pants weather I mentioned a few days ago)

Saturday o.k. first thing and better for longer the further east you go.

Sunday mmm maybe if your up at the crack of dawn and catch the weak ridge that is passing through after the over night front has gone through, again the east has more chance of staying good for longer. Think I maybe flying my Bobcat at Grasmere if I make it

Gary what's happened to your opturmisum mate? Your ginger locks are starting to fade big man........ :???: Just put your Golden in as well and if its bombing you can leave your 'window maker' in the bag.
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

I intend to finish during daylight today so if anyone is heading to the Pennines give me a shout. :P

http://www.nhpc.org.uk/nhpc/viewtopic.php?t=4014

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twofor ... daily.aspx
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

Yipee free of the ground at last. :D

http://www.nhpc.org.uk/nhpc/modules.php ... ghtID=3287

Not bad for a quick sprint and no retrive? :oops:
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

Well done, you lucky b*!*!*d 8)
Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
geoff wilson
Mingling

Post by geoff wilson »

Paul Smith and i had drive over to the lakes yesterday, when we got to

Keswick it was pi++ing down so we called in at the Sick+Wrong, we then

continued west to Lowca the rain stopped and it brightened up, the wind

was 25mph and off to the south so we carried on to St Bees to see blue

sky and sunshine!!!, finally after two cups of coffee and a long walk

along the cliff tops the wind dropped off enough to do some flying, soaring

for two hours and a fantastic sunset, what great end to the day.

F.A.O John Wallis --- I am on holiday this week this was not a sicky

:lol: :D
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

F.A.O John Wallis --- I am on holiday this week this was not a sicky
Geoff sicky or not 8) I'm just pleased to see you getting some flying.