Coast 2 Coast bike ride all welcome Aug 4,5 & 6th

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Wendy Patterson
Mingling

Coast 2 Coast bike ride all welcome Aug 4,5 & 6th

Post by Wendy Patterson »

Me, Wendy, Bill and Andrew will be doing the coast to coast (Whitehaven-Sunderland) on August 4th-6th and anyone is more than welcome to join us in fact the more the merrier!.
It is planned over 3 days so wont be too grueling for 1st timers so dont be put off if you think you are not upto it! I am mr unfit and this will be my 3rd C2C and for those hardened athlete types amongst you it would be a nice jaunt across our beautiful countryside.
We will be travelling to Whitehaven on Sunday eve staying at a local B&B and setting out around 9am the following day from there we will be stopping overnight at Penrith and then Allenheads where we will partake in wine and evening meal or in the case of Bill Beer n Kebab.
If time is an issue maybe you would like to join us for any leg of the journey as John Wallis has promised in which case we will meet up on the morning of the days ride ahead.
If interested or need more info just post a thread or better still contact Wendy who will be arranging the digs & transport and can clear up any questions you may have. x
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Dear Colin and Wendy I've just checked the holiday planner this morning and the first 2 weeks in August have been booked off so Im snookered. I'm gutted as I've been secretly training and I fancied the last leg of the journey with you.

Bugger!

Hope you have a good one.

JW
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Dear Colin and Wendy I've just checked the holiday planner this morning and the first 2 weeks in August have been booked off so Im snookered. I'm gutted as I've been secretly training and I fancied the last leg of the journey with you.

Bugger!
But if it happens to be OK for flying, I'm sure Mr Wallis will wave down and shout his encouragement from above,,,,or the landing field,,as you make your way towards Hartside cafe.

I was almost tempted myself, until I watched those men in lycra struggling to the top of the Hautacam last night (whew) (puke). I've only got a road bike :cry: and would end up with a sore (mooning). I suppose my decision will have a lot to do with the weather and whether or not I can find a valid excuse! (lek?)
Have an enjoyable ride folks.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Steve.T.
Chatty

Post by Steve.T. »

Was going to join you when you talked about July but I go back to work on August the fourth. If you are still planning to do it for the air ambulance I will sponsor you.
Andrew Maltby
Regular

Post by Andrew Maltby »

Weather permitting looks like I'll be able to join you aswell on the C2C. Can you let me know where your meeting up for the start etc.