My Budlea Is Prunned !!!!!

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Kay
Chatty

My Budlea Is Prunned !!!!!

Post by Kay »

Yes, My Budlea IS prunned.....And now I missed a cracking day on the coast.

SO, Just looking at the great flights everyone has done (not Pauls cos he forgot his instruments ! ) Even though the conditions were strong there were some good flights posted...But i'm sorry if i am missing something obvious but how are some of these flights registered as Triangles...I have had a good look and just can't see it...eg

http://www.nhpc.org.uk/nhpc/modules.php ... ghtID=2791

http://www.nhpc.org.uk/nhpc/modules.php ... ghtID=2779

I love our XC league table ..Great for my own log book and great to see who is doing what...But are flights such as this being really mis presented and mis scored !...I find it hard enough to compete without being a computer OLC wizz too :???:
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

i think it is scoring them as a free triangle which is basicly a out and return. but it was a great flight and i believe paul got a bit further around at the seaham end as john seen him go aroung the corner a bit.

the weekend looks good but could be a hg weekend i think

cheers gary
Dave Hume
Chatty

Post by Dave Hume »

gary stenhouse wrote:i think it is scoring them as a free triangle which is basicly a out and return. but it was a great flight and i believe paul got a bit further around at the seaham end as john seen him go aroung the corner a bit.

the weekend looks good but could be a hg weekend i think

cheers gary
So just incomprehensible OLC terminology then. The scoring system for the geometrically challenged. As long as you don't start giving them triple scores as well. So is a real triangle called a free square?
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

Thats the bit i don't understand '' Its scoring them as a free triangle'' ! when I put a straight line on OLC it scores as a straight line !
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

The system has cut my flights short. Look at them on Google earth and the full flight is recorded, but not on the system. I've tried using Compgps and Seeyou, but have the same results. Seeyou recognises the full flight when you optimize it and gives a higher OLC km than the board. I think a certain mad plumber has been tampering with the software!
I have checked Alistair's flights, the same seems to have happened to him.
Anybody any idea of what is happening?
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

Brian your last flight hasnt been edited properly

You have two flights together

1st flight you went upto foxholes down to the dean then back to foxholes then back to the dean then back to takeoff then nearly 40 mins on the ground then Takeoff again so it only scored your first flight
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Ive just looked at the IGC file for the 2 flights

Flight ID 2788 and 2793 they are both 2 flights edited as one ive looked at the IGC and this is definately the case. If you dont have the tracks still on the GPS you can still edit them from the IGC files in GPS dump. If you need any help give me a buzz.

07824 554735
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

In regards to alistairs flight I have looked at it with GPS dump and this is what I have come up with.

If it was a free flight the 3 turn OLC as we know it would be 20.94km

but he qualified for a free triangle which positions his 3 turn points to qualify but this is only 18.06km

now although the triangle is shorter it scores greater so that is the flight the engine has chosen.

This is why using OLC KM is inacurate as the engine chooses flights on best OLC score. It uses a different scoring system for different disciplines e.g. Freeflight, free triangle and FAI triangle

Hope this helps a little.

If anyone needs help analysing their flight with GPS dump just give me a buzz.

07824 554735
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Oh yes, that's better. These computers just aren't as clever as they make out.
PS Colin you've got far too much time on your hands!
I've just received my sparkley new 6020 if any techno heads out there want to share their experience with me to set it all in motion I would be more than pleased. :???:
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01