Thanks for your hospitality

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Gary Wirdnam
Mingling

Thanks for your hospitality

Post by Gary Wirdnam »

Thanks to all for your warm welcome at the club night. I’m looking forward to meeting you all out on the hills in the near future, especially as I am now living in Newcastle. I’m often available during the week so if you are thinking of flying and don’t want to be on your own, give me a call: 07803 729984

For the Hangies out there have a look at this youtube video. This is Adam Parer, one of the Australian team, doing what he loves best. DON’T try this at home folks! :)

Happy Landings, Gary

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ho8bVuAa1TA
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

was that filmed at horden
I HATE COMPUTERS
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Many many thanks Gary for coming along and giving us such a fantastic insight into the world of top level comp flying.......

I am sure we have all learned a few tricks from what you were saying.

Look forward to seeing you on the hill.
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Just to echo what Alastair has said it was a most enjoyable talk.

Many thanks

John Wallis
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

Yes Gary, Thanks very much....Nearly tempted me over to the 'Dark Side' ...Tho maybe a bit more tempted by the Pink Tug..Its A Girl Thang (makeup)
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
alan westmoreland
Chatty
Full Name: Alan westmoreland

Post by alan westmoreland »

Fantastic talk Gary really enjoyable and welcome aboard...am hoping to get you flying down the north east coast one day soon!
happily flying the mosquito/wasp since 2001
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

if the weather ever changes then i am sure that with the right instruction it wont be long before you see them landings from me. i just need enough aluminium and practice with some good instruction along the way.

mind gary any big flights on my glider will have to be entere as my xc's for the winter.

no it was a great talk and it does show the level of the top pilots, as i am sure the average pilots would of been beeting the tug back down to the ground. especialy wallace as he loves top to bottoms :twisted: :?: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

especialy wallis as he loves top to bottoms

Ha ha ha Mrs guide dogs for the blind supplier of the year and alcan share holder......Watch this space when the thermals come :wink:
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Thanks Gary great info

Post by ron freeman »

Thanks for the talk Gary, very interesting material. To Gary Stenhouse... your landings were spot on wnen flying your Avian Rio ! part of your good instruction was that you stay on the Rio for at least 30hrs ! but you are now fly an Aeros Discus after 5hrs ? go back onto the Rio and practice the basics in different weather conditions.
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
Gary Wirdnam
Mingling

Post by Gary Wirdnam »

Ron speaks the truth there Gary! I know you don't want to stay on the Rio but you will learn plenty if you do................ and it will cost you less in uprights in the process!
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

your landings were spot on wnen flying your Avian Rio ! part of your good instruction was that you stay on the Rio for at least 30hrs ! but you are now fly an Aeros Discus after 5hrs ? go back onto the Rio and practice the basics in different weather conditions.
Ron speaks the truth there Gary! I know you don't want to stay on the Rio but you will learn plenty if you do................
Nice sentiment guys, but please don't waist your breath, you know what he's like.
and it will cost you less in uprights in the process!
No worries, it's now Stenhouse - Alcan inc. est 2008 :lol:
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

well lets hope we can get flying soon as it will be like starting all over. well as forflying the rio i will have no choice unless i fly the litespeed as the chinese have stole all the aluminium for uprights and there is none available. as for the landings i am sure it is a small glitch and i will recover and become supreme at landing. but with the conditions i have had to deal with lately i have had no chance to sharpen the required skills.

cheers gary