Summers here at last!

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gordie
Regular

Summers here at last!

Post by gordie »

As promised summer will arrive this week. You may recall my post a while ago about temps at 30,000ft having been as cold as they were for last winter for the past few months. Well for the next two weeks at least they will be much warmer, check out and run the loop:

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/

So from two weeks from Monday (rofl) it will be flyable probably every day and if you need more proof check out the charts for the week ahead:

http://meteonet.nl/aktueel/brackall.htm
Mikey Harper
Mingling

Post by Mikey Harper »

Sorry Gordie, what were you saying about our two weeks of summer? Severe weather warnings for the entire west coast. Atleast we got one good week in.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... nings.html
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

Ok Ok, I maybe got a little carried away, however I did managed to predict the weather jack 5's we have recently had from over two weeks ago. So even though at times I may get it wrong I hope when I get it right I provide you with the best conidtions. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

Too true mate! Weather's going to be shite this week. Now last week was another story - but only if you were "dahn sahth". There really WAS as weatherjack 5 day - it was Wed 8th :D :D
Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

Too true mate! Weather's going to be shite this week. Now last week was another story - but only if you were "dahn sahth". There really WAS as weatherjack 5 day - it was Wed 8th :D :D
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

O'h Dave I take it you were not over in the Lakes last Wednesday and Thursday? They were both awesome days over here and both were def weather Jack 5's. I witnessed cloud streets form from one end of the Lakes to the other, if you had had your wit's about you could of flown from Bleese to Barrow and back at one point. Pilots on dated basic wings easily flew from Bleese to Thirlmere at base and the sky between was filled with gliders. You obviously had to be there.....
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

Nope, I was on hols but I did take my wing and I did have a brill flight with lots of time close to base (which was about 5.5k) :lol: :lol:

I'm sure even I could have XC'd to Brecon or beyond but my (non-driving) wife was on the hill with me. That's how I got some decent photos 8)
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

Well so much for the hurricane. I sat yesterday waiting to be blown away, eventually took the dog for a walk and it still did not rain and the wind was about 10MPH southerly. So a bit damp but you could of flown on Blease. (headbang)

No then today have woken up to a stunner, sunny light n.w. winds and forecast to continue for the whole day. Off to Clough Head for a float about give me a call for a weather check if you are over this way (07830281986). (call)

So if it carries on like this looks like my prediction was correct and we really will have two weeks consecutive flying in a row, roll on summer 07........what a belter! 8)