Flying Saturday

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

AlastairW
Regular

Flying Saturday

Post by AlastairW »

At the minute the only decent day over the bank holiday weekend appears to be Saturday.

8mph SW forecast at Warcop, and similar at Carlisle airport. So it looks like Cross Fell may be on? Anyone planning on flying? Can we eventually have a day at Cross fell with some wind?? Last 3 times I have been there it has been very light

Sunday looks crap... windy and a warm front closely followed by a cold front.... not nice
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Open XC comp to get you lads warmed up for the Dales. Might as well try and make a day of it if the rest of the weekend is poor.

JW
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Well that's put the kiss of death on anything for Saturday <<) Anywhere Alistair goes :++:
So I'll probably see you there then! :beer:
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi can i meet someone at the shepherd pub as im not sure where to go for x-fell thanks will 00)
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Yep,,,,,where's the Shepherd Pub?
The cafe at Hartside is the usual meeting point, as it provides opportunity for other sites if need be.
Give me a ring 07711313785 or 01670365562
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
paranski
Mingling

Titlington Pike

Post by paranski »

Anybody looking to stay more local I'm going to try Titlington Pike (for the 1st time)
mobile 07786911056
Have a good day wherever you end up!?!?
Graham
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

looks good for Cross Fell, Brian shame on you not Knowing where the Shepherds is, its the pub in Melmerby where you turn off for Cross Fell and an excellent meeting point.
Doing the hadrians cycle way tomorrow.
:beer: :beer: :beer:
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

It's grey down here at the moment but Maltby is due in 20 min's for Crossfell so I better get out of my silk pajamas :cool:
See you there'

http://johnwallis.camstreams.com/
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Probably leaving home at 9.40. which means Hartside at 10.30.
Give me a ring if you want to meet there.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Good turn out at Crossfell today. Starting murky but by 13.00 as per the forecast the sun came out and the cloud lifted. The wind stayed more south than is good for for High Cap but never the less flying was done. While I sunbathed on the face of Man at Edge I watched Ron Don (My Hero) fly along the the face of Wildboar Scar into wind to make it around the corner onto the southerly face and get up above the top. (A really good bit of flying on any machine never mind a duvet)

Excellent crack outside the Sheperds it was almost like old times :lek:

http://www.nhpc.org.uk/nhpc/album_pic.php?pic_id=1380
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

jill mcgeachie
Chatty

Post by jill mcgeachie »

Even though I too only sunbathed, it was good to sit and enjoy watching everyone else giving it a go, too strong for me and after the collapse Stuart had I definitely made the right decision :)
This my year - 2009!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I too didn't fly but enjoyed the day and pub also !! :beer:
Lloyd
Chatty

Post by Lloyd »

Difficult flying conditions but it gave me a chance to try my new harness (only £150 from Northern Paragliding). Thanks to the couple in the X3 for taking my kit to the top of Cross Fell. :beer:
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Hey Jill, you managed the wizardry and computer magic to get your little picture on. Steve must have realised the joke was up, and taken the block off. :)) :))
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Stuart Bertram
Chatty

Post by Stuart Bertram »

Ha Ha

I knew he'd blocked me (just kidding Steve) and doesn't my picture look good!

:D
jill mcgeachie
Chatty

Post by jill mcgeachie »

:sor: Oops Stuart was logged in and i didn't notice. I guess this means Steve will revoke my priveleges
This my year - 2009!
Claire Smith
Mingling

Post by Claire Smith »

I managed a nice flight on Saturday. I joined the Cumbria Low Airtime Day and ended up on Jenkin Hill.

There was a really good turn out with 35 low airtime pilots and three club coaches helping with site briefings, ground handling, flight plans and landing approaches. The coaches got around to speak to everyone and made sure that at least one coach was on the hill at all times until everyone had taken off.

Me not being too confident on a crowded hill and especially with 35 of us some with only an hour or two out of school (I did sit with my eyes shut at times!) I waited around for things to pick up and had an extended fly down later in the afternoon.

A good day out which was very well organised.