Just to piss us all off

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Sad Northerner
Regular

Just to piss us all off

Post by Sad Northerner »

Just to piss all the NHPC weekend pilots off I thought I'd draw your attention to a flight done by Marra (Martin Sandwith) this weekend (check out the link below). When we were all bashing up and down the coast he was 6500 up.

Marra is a up and coming pilot who making a good name for himself across the country and definitely deserves some respect.......but when I see the jammy git getting a flight like this it kind of makes me want to hate him....?

Good one Marra

Ali

http://www.itadvice.co.uk/weatherjack/STARS.htm
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

We were on our way over there and after a couple of calls were told it was too windy, so me and the Dog turned back to fly the scabby coast! can you believe it? --- Bob Sutherland wont be very happy.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Two thousand gear changes to Horden..

Nearly as good as two hundred gearboxs to East Hill
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

Ahem, I was there too - check out the XCleague. But I chickened out at 4.5k - still going up, full speed bar on, still going backwards..... :D

I knew I should have stayed in the wave :angry:

I wondered who had the blue and white wing. Only 3 paragliders including a guy from Blackpool who followed me down to land next to the A66 cos it was impossible to bottom land Souther - too lifty.
Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

The right thing !

Post by ron freeman »

Sounds like you did the right thing Dave, full speed bar and going backwards ! The HG is a much safer option in these conditions. The turbulance getting into wave can be extreme ! especialy if the wind is strong, coming out of it can be fun too ! if the air is dry (no cloud)
you will have to use your vario and gps to map out the area of wave lift.

Normally there will be Cloud (Lenticulars) try to stay on the windward side of the clouds leadng edge and avoid going over the back ! fly to the end of the wave bar and then turn down wind (less sink & turbulance)

Take care.
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

Cheers Ron. I have got a lot to learn yet. Yes, it was starting to get a bit bumpy and that was the other reason I got out of it.

Another day, another lesson learnt :beer:
Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.