Great day flying Saltburn Ciffs

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Great day flying Saltburn Ciffs

Post by ron freeman »

John Wallis, you should of waited... told you the conditions would get better as the day went on ! took off (Marske) at 6.20pm lift was smooth and steady, flew straight down to Saltburn crossed the gap (just) then onto the cliff run.

The lift was steady with a strong head wind but the seagulls in the far distance were soaring (high) halfway along the cliff with 200ft asl the lift just got better and better. At the point you could fly a very long way out no problem, around the point now and off down to Skinning Grove.

The wind was a very healthy n.n.east so I decided not to fly too far it was a long way back with not much beach ! coming back slowly I could cut the corner and fly straight to Saltburn pier by using sea thermals, it got a bit scratchy from there to Marske but made it back well pleased. (T/Land)
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Was this when everyone had gone including Mike Brown? That GPS trace will be worth a look at then. Well done. The flight down to Saltburn with you earlier on was enjoyable if a bit rough (Handstand in the A frame and a vertical dive) Who ever said coastal flying was smooth :dealer:
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Mike Brown
Regular

Post by Mike Brown »

No I was still there John it's all true im afraid!! Wind didn't quite drop off enough for me Duvet but conditions certainly improved for Stiffies. Watched Ron dissapear out of sight around Huntcliffe at some height. Check out his photos on the board above!!
Nice one
Regards
Mike
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

well done ron nice photos, worth wating after all
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Aye nice flight and good photos Ron. Since the winter XC comp has been extended by one day it looks like I've got some work to do today to get that 3rd spot :dealer:
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
alan westmoreland
Chatty
Full Name: Alan westmoreland

Ronnies Flight

Post by alan westmoreland »

Good Flight Ronnie!

You were right to stop, wish i had stopped myself now

See you at the meeting

Cheers Alan :lek:
happily flying the mosquito/wasp since 2001