Flyability, Outdoor First Aid and Funding Application Update

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Christine Nicholls
Chatty

Flyability, Outdoor First Aid and Funding Application Update

Post by Christine Nicholls »

Hi All
Flyability: The application for A4A funding is almost ready to send off, I just need a few bits and pieces from Colin, but in general its a strong application. The maximum amount we can apply for through this fund is £10,000, so I am applying for about £9,800 (don't want to be greedy! ). The form as it stands includes working with the over 18's, (Brian, Ali) I can change this to include Juniors but my plan was that, all being well, we can apply for a further £10,000 next year to include work with Juniors, I've therefore referred to the project in the application as a pilot to enable its development, but let me know what you think?
Outdoor First Aid: I contacted the Northumberland Mountain Rescue Team who have a trading arm that delivers outdoor first aid training and includes HSE certification. The trading arm is a CIC a Community Interest Company which means it is not-for-profit and money made goes back into community projects, largely the mountain rescue team to ensure its sustainability. I am happy if you would like to try alternative providers, but please consider:
A) time club members (volunteers) would have to travel to attend, any additional expenses, I don't think those members who volunteer to attend this course for the benefit of others should be out of pocket, (as well as carbon footprints). If the club can't fill the course we can offer it out to walking groups etc. and ask for a donation towards the club, if the course is local to Northumberland its a lot easier to network the information out. 12 would be the maximum I should think, priority should probably be given to flyability instructors and club coaches, but its up to you?
B) Myself, CAN and funders like to support 'local' initiatives
C) The first aid must have an outdoor focus, and preferably be tailor-made to meet the requirements of the club. It needs to be HSE recognised.
D) I think we may need an element of working with disabled users?
E) Value for money is reasonably important, I hope a one day course will be long enough, what do you think?
F)Finally this is a fantastic opportunity for everyone in the club to get involved and ensure this course includes everything you will need to know, its your course after all!
The funding for the first aid will be included in the Flyability bid as it adds value to the application. If you would like me to contact additional providers to obtain quotes can you let me have their contact details asap. :)
Other Funding: I think I have found another couple of small pots of money (around £2,000) ideal for equipment? Did somebody mention a winch?

I'm raring to go so any ideas please let me know and I will start pulling a new bid together, its all getting VERY EXCITING!!
Please can you let me have any comments asap so I can include them in the application form OR if i'm going too fast for you, you need to rein me in as I frequently get carried away! X
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

I would be interested in a first aid course if there's a place available please.

And yes a winch was mentioned :dealer: :dealer:

Thanks for all your hard word

Cheers

John
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Trevor Robinson
Regular
Full Name: Trevor Robinson

Post by Trevor Robinson »

Hope we can have some consensus on first aid from tomorrows meeting as there is a need to start progression on the content etc. Thinking caps on please
trevor
berow
Regular

Post by berow »

Well done Christine and all who have participated.
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

With regards to first aid I personally I think that a one day course doesn't really cut it. I used this provider last time and found the course pretty good.

http://lakesfirstaid.co.uk/course-dates ... se-cumbria

The first day addressed the basics and the second addressed issues of a more outdoor specific nature.

Ali
He who feared he would not succeed sat still.

Do everything in moderation; except moderation which you should do to the MAX!!!