Sunday's weather?

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

brian day
Regular

Sunday's weather?

Post by brian day »

How can a light SW turn into a light E in a matter of hours?
XFell to Horden, heaven to dogshit ally, do these weathermen realise what they are doing to our mental stability? :x :x
OK before you start I know my mental stability has always been questionable! (rofl)
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

how are we supposed to keep in the right hand box with such forcasting. i had siked myself up for flying this weekend and thought that x fell for sundayv would be just the ticket. although bbc is still saying sw and showers for sunday you just never know what it will be untill the day. lowca may be a chance for tommorow or st bees?

although for me i might just chill tommorow and do the run around on sunday.
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

I had a load of hasstle swapping tommorrows work for Sunday, and just look what happenned :x I might just go walking, but if I do you can bet when I'm miles away from anywhere the weather will get great for flying, you just cant win man.
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

well i have tryed to find the elusive south easterly for sunday but i still can't find it. looks to be sw 6 mph for sunday for the west with the odd shower. but to me i think it will be ok so i think it is likely to be a cross fell day out tommorow. if not there then there is always the lakes but that will mean a walk up, and not sure i fancy i big walk. so for me i think unless the weather changes then it will be cross fell drive to the top and possible xc ridge runs not over the back. well unless base i 6000 then i might be tempted.

in the car mad dog fingers watson brian me so allready a crowd going some where and somewhere we will be going so if you want to know where we are going give me a ring as my track record to get flying is 100%

bring it on

cheers gary
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

I have the wind

SW in morning going SE by 12pm E by 4pm

Rain comming up from the south by and hitting Xfell by 3pm, hitting the borders by 6pm

So I would say North might be best....

A hill that takes SW through to E would also be nice... and some little fluffy clouds filling a blue sky.... please tell me if I ask to much.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Yep I've checked again and don't seem to have your rose coloured specs Gary.
The weed, the Guru, the synoptics and the Fell forecast are all saying easterly by dinner time, with rain later. Unfortunately the same forecast as yesterday.
But tomorrows another day 8)
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

if thats what they say they must be right. but if thats the case then i'm not going to bother as i am not prepared to do the run arounf for shite all. after seeing the bbc this morning on tv then i would say the crossfell region should miss the rain although there is a strong chance of cb forming. or is it tp east hill hogden?

i think the best choice will be hownam law as it takes sw through se and i think it will stay se for the rest of the day also for so much variation it must be light and variable so again hownam nice and high and drive to the top. 9am start at the top befor 11 sw bowl then folow round to the se sounds like a good day
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

I concur Dr Stenhouse
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

Stop all this shite, I have a brilliant new secret site for tommorrow, you all know that my secret sites always come up with the goods. Mind you, you all have to be blindfolded, so Gary you'll have to let me drive for the last 5 mile, and you must join the SSC and swear alleigance.
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

9am start
But my Teddy will get lonely (hug)
But if needs must (qieh) (qieh) (zzz) (zzz) (zzz)
Ok but keep it quiet in the beasty bus (zzz) (zzz) (zzz)
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

Or could it be launch 10am off Blease in lovely bouyant Southerly soaring Blencathra and taking in a triangle out front as the wind moves round to SE whilst en route for Scales, then spend the afternoon soaring Souther and Carrock as the wind turns E, before a quick XC to the coast just in time for roast dinner in Maryport..... no, no, don't wake me up I was having as lovely dream........ :x :x :x :x
Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

way to go dave have you been getting a paramotor? just kidding stick to dreeming as the way the weather has been lately you have a beter chance of flying
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

well i have seen the bbc weather and it is saying light southerly and if its light i would say 95% sure to be hownam. with a nice xc to edinborough.

we are off on a 9 am start
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

See you at Hownam then maybe - woken up from my dream :D :D
Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.