highlands on the weekend?

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Anonymous

highlands on the weekend?

Post by Anonymous »

Hi all. The weather Guru(misk) has hinted to epic conditions at Glencoe on the weekend. All those in favour of a chairlift say aye.
We are taking the van , heading up there or the lakes(weather dependant). staying over night sat. But we are now in edinburgh so maybe you can car pool to here if glencoe is the go. 077 248 379 30
steve
:beer:
Misk
Regular

Post by Misk »

Scotland Thur fri for me then heading back down to the peaks to fly the NHPC flag in the BCC.........
Sergey
Chatty

Post by Sergey »

I love Glencoe for the chairlift, but http://www.glencoemountain.com/store/home.php says:
Skiing season complete. Cafe open 7 days a week until end Sept 07. Chairlift running from May 1st for summer activities and tourists. :sor:
May be worth phoning them up though, promising a crowd of hang/para pilots 00)
Anonymous

chair lift

Post by Anonymous »

The chair lift people have asked that i ph again closer to the weekend. if we have a few pilots they may open it for us.
wait and see what the weather brings, cheers steve
waynelson
Mingling

Highlands

Post by waynelson »

You can count me in as I am off Friday-Sunday, just post the details of our rendezvous and when.
I'll never be this young again!
Home-0191 281 3432
Hill-07791 260373
waynelson
Mingling

och aye the noo

Post by waynelson »

I reckon, roughly translated, this means "That is fine for the time being"
Home-0191 281 3432
Hill-07791 260373
waynelson
Mingling

Post by waynelson »

Me again.....Just thought of the fuel man!! Anyone willing to share the cost of a trip up Thursday PM, returning Sunday AM? Fuel contribution would be appreciated. I am taking my springer Holly along and will be staying in the camper van. I have an awning but would only bring it if someone needed somewhere to crash for the night on the cheap.

If no one interested - I may change my mind and see if somewhere local is flying in the Easterly I can see forecast.
Home-0191 281 3432
Hill-07791 260373
Anonymous

slacker

Post by Anonymous »

How did you get so many days off wayne? The hard part will be finding someone with that much free time. :sor:
there is still a maybe on the lakes if the weather goes that way. cheers.
Anonymous

windy

Post by Anonymous »

Looking blown out in the big hills. maybe do a coastal up here. good luck getting a fly.