Club Meetings

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

Club Meetings

Post by chrisfozz »

I'm in favour of having a monthly social evening and I think the best place would be in the function room at the Corner House.

However, the focus of meetings over many years has been a tedious and largely pointless agenda which has served little useful prepose. I'm obviously not the only person that thinks this; that is evident by number of people who used to attend.

So, please, can we move on. In my view, an unstructured social evening where people can get together and chat about flying would be a good place to start. Some presentations might be good if we have attendance, if you've got an idea put it to Trevor.
Gordon C
Chatty

Re: Club Meetings

Post by Gordon C »

Now we have a bit more freedom, the odd social get together could be interesting.
Although the corner House is a little awkward to get to, maybe somewhere near the A1 would be easier, Blaydon rugby club, the skiff Inn swalwell, the ravensworth arms lamesley or the Toby carvery Kenton bank, food for thought !!

livetrack24 GordonC
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Re: Club Meetings

Post by gary stenhouse »

i think a social evening is good but getting anything other than a table for drinks and a meal is very difficult.
as when we almost lost the corner house i tried lots of places and none could offer the a private room for a meeting.
when we did try the alternative it just did not seem the same, i think we all live in mixed areas for the meetings.
corner house does seem to be more or less 50/50 for most and very close for some.