Colombia 2018

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

aliwes

Colombia 2018

Post by aliwes »

It is that time of year (and with the crap weather every day) that I start putting together the Colombia Trip.

The Jan dates for 2018 are as follows;

2 - 16th Jan Trip 1 (14 days guided flying after arriving on the 2nd and relaxing)

16 - 30th Jan Trip 2 (same as above)

The trip includes airport transfers (one collection and drop off per trip at given times), Farm/Hotel accommodation with pools, site fees, site briefs, guiding and retrieves by local experts. Breakfast is included each day too.

The idea is to have a gentle introduction to flying in Colombia for the first couple of days - relaxing flights after long winter lay-off and long journey to Colombia - followed by touring several of the worlds best and most reliable sites, gaining airtime, honing thermalling skills and maximising distance whilst attempting to beat your previous bests of course.

It is quite feasible to fly for 5-6 hours a day and fly over 100km from any of the sites that we visit.

The area is perfect for low airtime pilots and seasoned pros alike.

This year, in the 7 weeks that I was there (Jan & Feb) we lost only 3 days to bad weather. Here at home we can get about 3 days in 7 weeks flyable hehe!

The cost for everything (except food and drink) at the other side is £1000 (i wanted to say £999 but that's a bit cheesy!).

You will need some inoculations for the visit - info available on the NHS website. There is an extremely low risk of malaria due to the elevation of the Cauca Valley and we don't take malaria prevention unless you are at high risk.

Some of the sites that we will visit are;

Ansermanuevo
Roldanillo
Piedechinche and Apia.

You can eat like kings and queens for £10 a day, cheaper if you don't want steak every night.

If you'd like to reserve a place on either trip, please let me know by email or text (al@keswickadventurecentre.com or 07590 056465). Places are limited to an ABSOLUTE maximum of 10 pilots - this makes for a more personal and pleasurable experience for the pilots AND the guides!

Hope to see you out there in Jan.

Ali