friday night

Post here where you will be flying today or tomorrow etc. Information such as the site you intend to fly a mobile number for others to contact you and any other information necessary.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

friday night

Post by gary stenhouse »

well at the last minute I decided to go the the radar masts, well it was just about perfect a little breazy but nice. took off and by the time I was out front I was almost 2600 feet. then went into the bowl to top up but had too push out to move around to the sheep pens. going up all the time but then as I got to high cap the lift got stronger and the cloud was falling. so was pushing out and was just under 3600ft absolutely amazing with the cloud beneath me behind me. what a night just shows how a evening flight turned into a 25k out and return
Aeros
Chatty
Full Name: Ed Cleasby

Post by Aeros »

Well done Gary ...... for persevering and getting the rewards.

Easier for me as a short drive to Brigsteer ..... I was testing a new camera so just a bit of video (also considering a new harness so partly a bit of videoing if I come to sell it).

This was 7pm ........ lovely relaxed flying, very bouyant and typical of this site which provides evening restitution. I'd forgotten how nice evening flying could be. Maybe the xfell OR is actually more predictable given evenings like you had.

OK ..... here's a bit of Brigsteer, a rig by the car HG site, once rated one of the best sites in the UK but now often quiet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdtNWGUSxwE
Last edited by Aeros on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
sedit qui timiut ne non succederet
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

Looked nice over there too when its so smooth you think there is something wrong. :D at high cap when the clouds was dropping is was going up at 3ms pushing out from the hill.
Aeros
Chatty
Full Name: Ed Cleasby

Post by Aeros »

I did think for a while of light wave ....... there were some indicators in the sky whilst flying and on the drive to site.
sedit qui timiut ne non succederet