Tuesday may be a chance to fly again

Post here where you will be flying today or tomorrow etc. Information such as the site you intend to fly a mobile number for others to contact you and any other information necessary.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Tuesday may be a chance to fly again

Post by gary stenhouse »

Certainly looks like the lakes have been given a lot in the last few days and some doing over 40k. Tomorrow could be anything from no wind to a good day on xfell or even dair a say it TP after 1-2pm. So i may try and have a quick flight if the the the forecasts and web cams come togeather
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

well what can you say about today but feel exited after my small jaunt out the back of TP. to get out the back you certainly have to leave low but when it works its feels so special :D :shock: :shock:
Andrew Maltby
Regular

Post by Andrew Maltby »

Great day on Xfell today! It seems a long time since we've flown there, but today was a great reminder of how good it can be. Everybody had some quality flying, even John Wallis joined me via FaceTime for a couple of thermals!!
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Andrew Maltby wrote:Great day on Xfell today! It seems a long time since we've flown there, but today was a great reminder of how good it can be. Everybody had some quality flying, even John Wallis joined me via FaceTime for a couple of thermals!!
He's about as current as I am. Has been.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Colin just to give you plenty time I won't be re registering the nhpc.org.uk domain name this year when it's due. I'll just let it expire.
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

Can some one please tell me on John Wallis post what does it mean.
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Hi Ron when I used to run the forum before Steve Marshall took over I bought the domain name for our club called nhpc.org.uk I have to pay for it every year as it's rented if you like. I am no longer prepared to do this and will let it expire this year when it's due for renewal. If the club want to get onto the company I deal with and take it over that's up to them. Or they can just buy another name and call it what ever they want.

The company is https://www.123-reg.co.uk/

John
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

RonDon wrote:Can some one please tell me on John Wallis post what does it mean.
John Wallis simply transfers the ownership of the domain to the club. Free and very easy for him to do, but only he can do it. The renewal then comes to the club which can be easily renewed, usually yearly or two yearly.

Allowing it to expire before doing this would just create massive shite for the clubs long established domain. As to his motivation for this?

In fact I would go further to say that regardless, the domain registration is like the bank account. To be entrusted to the committee and the transference of ownership should be done for the benefit of the ongoing future of the club.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.