Hartlepool-Paramotors

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

skysteve
Mingling

Hartlepool-Paramotors

Post by skysteve »

Today after an "interesting" flight at Crimdon while I was packing up I was approached by someone claiming to have taught himself to paramotor (his video support this - he hasn't quite mastered brake lines/landing). I did suggest he might want to take some lessons, but he then carried on trying to sell me a motor....

Seems that despite being self taught, he's managed to become a dealer (see link below) and claimed he's sold 7 motors to the locals of Hartlepool. Not sure if the BHPA are aware of him, I'd guess not given his selling points include "no licence necessary".

It can only be a matter of time before someone he sells a motor to ends up in an ambulance/on the local news.....

https://www.facebook.com/Hartlepool-Par ... 735296031/
http://hartlepoolparamotors.co.uk/
(07531 eight 2474 six )
Louis Dev
Mingling

Post by Louis Dev »

Looks like a friend of Trevor Drury, of the the Paramotor pirate's (appately named).
The paramotor they are selling are made for Trevor in Thailand, anybody can become a dealer for these things.
The wings aren't a good wing either, anybody actually heard of
The manufacturer?
Cant see him selling 7 paramotors in the Hartlepool, as I don't think there's actually seven pilots in the north east😨
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Pirates

Post by ron freeman »

I checked out the video and it was a scary watch... Taking off with speed trims on full ? brake lines wrapped around the risers... running through very long grass.. after take off flying towards 11,000 kV power lines very low, landing down wind ? why do people do this when there are very skilled instructors out there who can put them in a safe direction and keep our sport out of the press.. sadly there are 7 people who will buy these units in Hartlepool that don't have a clue what they are buying an how quick things go tits up when you don't have a clue with what's going on. :x
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
Nforster
Mingling

Post by Nforster »

i went to a paramotor fly-in last year which was a real eye opener. one chap had bought a really antique homebuilt paramotor with an old swing seat type harness attached and a knackered old wing and without any instruction was trying to take off. he was happily hand prop starting the old machine with an oven glove to protect his hand. it would have been an ideal teaching video but i didnt have a camera.
theres a lot of paramotor pilots that buy kit but dont actually fly.
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

funny as I recieved a question about flying paramotors today from someone without a name only email. about if he should join the club as he used to be a member but never managed to get flying so has decided to do Paramotoring.

from my experience northern England is often quite windy so in some ways your not going to get a great deal flying unless dedicated to early mornings. also there is not many places to take off with one so even more difficult again.

barmy as even flying the amount of hours I do taken off and landing a paramotor is 10x more difficult than free flying.
berow
Regular

Post by berow »

berow
Regular

Post by berow »

ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Amazing..

Post by ron freeman »

Beltaaa ! why do we keep seeing these ? I shouldn't laugh but you could see what was coming and I did laugh :lol:
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)