Down under.

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Great stuff Chris, enjoy,,, hope the sun keeps shining for you.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Guessing you didn't fly to the coast from Manilla?
Looks like a nice coastal ridge,,,,I do hope you're not going to be posting pictures of warm water and waves!!!!
Still the same old back here,,,,wind,,,wind and more wind....looking like a chance for Thursday, then maybe Friday on the coast, but I'm sure your coastline is much prettier than ours!!!
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Lloyd
Chatty

Post by Lloyd »

Hi Chris,

Nice flight. Can you post some more pictures and videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOdWFxqixz4

All the best,

Lloyd.
chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

Moving on

Post by chrisfozz »

Left Manilla this morning at half nine to travel to Stanwell Park. I've got mixed feelings about leaving Manilla, the weather was crap to start with, wind then rain then wind and rain. I had seven days in a row with no flying. Still the crack was good, I made some new friends and met up with some old ones too. Had dinner last night with Nick Pain who the hangies will definitely know. And the Aussies have been really friendly, Vic and Tom who run the Royal were great and it's easy to sea that pomie bastard is really a term of endearment.
The flying at Manilla obviously could have been better but there were some good days and some stonkers. To be honest at times it was just a bit too full on for me. 20mph on launch, waiting for a lull to take of into pretty strong thermals was more than I was prepared to take on. Still watching the Japanese pilots take off was usually interesting, I don't think there is a Japanese word for lull, they jus seem to clip in and go for it.
My best flight at Manila was 50k, it was obvious enough there was much more to be had from the day but for the last 40 mins I was just being tossed about, stressed out I wound off about two grand to land by the road. Hitching back was no problem and took just over an hour. A retrieve bus heading out past us to pick up other pilots even stopped and gave us a cold beer. Best flight that day, that I know of, was a Canadian guy, Alex who I met at our first comp in Laragne, he did 180k.
Should get to Stanwell about half six tonight and have another ten days there for some easy coastal soaring and a bit of sight seeing.
chrisfozz
Regular

Nice lady

Post by chrisfozz »

From a few days ago at Manilla.
Picture is of a very nice young lady in traditional Japanese (paragliding) costume. There is also a clip of her taking off, on the same flight, when coming in to land she flew into some power lines cutting off supply to some nearby farms. Next day, taking off from the east take of she got blown over the back and top landed approx 10 m short of the west take off. I don't wish to sound cocky cos I know paragliding has its risks and I can make mistakes as well but I'm not exaggerating and this just seems totally ott.

http://youtu.be/KUgpsFvtJ2Q
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (151.69 KiB) Viewed 12282 times
Last edited by chrisfozz on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

The word kamikaze springs to mind!!!

Still sounds like you're having a good time,,,,remember,,,no videos of warm water, waves and surfing please!!!! :)
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Graeme Gilroy
Regular
Full Name: Graeme Gilroy

Jap lady

Post by Graeme Gilroy »

[img]what's%20with%20the%20body%20armour%20?[/img]
it's a fine line between heaven and here
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Kamikaze Graeme :D
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

Sounds like you were just unlucky with the weather Chris. Your video clip got me thinking about when I was out there..... landing short on the last task cost me ten places...good times though.

http://www.pwca.org/node/12264

Good luck with the rest of your flying, you heading to Canungra, Rainbow beach or Mnt Tamborine?

Ali
He who feared he would not succeed sat still.

Do everything in moderation; except moderation which you should do to the MAX!!!
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

Ali I honestly didn't realise you had competed at that level. 19th is a very respectable position especially out of 127 pilots.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
chrisfozz
Regular

Stanwell park

Post by chrisfozz »

View from takeoff and last nights flight from Stanwell park, nice spot.
Unsurprisingly, the flying is completely different to what is was in Manilla, 1500ft above the sea and probably the smoothest air you could imagine.

http://fozz.dyndns-ip.com/mytrack/track ... 088187.igc
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (89.57 KiB) Viewed 12210 times
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

:twisted: :evil:

Well I suppose there's not much surf!!!!

Looks nice!
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
chrisfozz
Regular

Stanwell

Post by chrisfozz »

Nice flying today at Stanwell Park but the forecast for tomorrow is not good so that could be my last day flying in Aus. I leave Saurday evening and with 11 hours time difference, I should be home for me Sunday dinner.
Some big waves today too, if you like that kind of stuff.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (128.36 KiB) Viewed 12166 times
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Thanks Chris!!!! :(
Doesn't really matter how big they are, with a crocked back I'm out of the water,,,,and anything else for a while. :(

Can't believe your hols are nearly over,,,,,where has the time gone????
You seem to have had a real mixed bag of weather, unlike us,,,it's just been crap!! Hope you've enjoyed it, can't wait to heat the tails of adventure, have a good last days flying, see you soon.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01