Club Competition 2015 and beyond

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Graeme
Chatty

Post by Graeme »

With full appreciation for members who are taking the time and trouble to get things organised I'm really looking forward to this years Milkhope very much and Gary's comp if it comes off.

But looking forwards to next year I don't understand why the thread should stop debating possibilities for future comps?

As you state Bill there's been some great suggestions submitted by Brian D, Gordon, Graeme G etc and surely now is the time to keep talking and explore the best way forward to plan ahead for next year?

As Brian D says it would be great to have a fixed date for a mixed ability club event to look forward to and for everyone to get excited about 😃
Livetrack Graeme52

Flying for Fun Only.
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

I don't understand why the thread should stop debating possibilities for future comps?
hi Graeme i certainly didn't want to pour cold water on some great creative ideas for the future I just wanted to draw a line under what was being suggested for this year

so please carry on
I HATE COMPUTERS
Gordon C
Chatty

Post by Gordon C »

Cheers graeme the more idea's the better, the forum being the best place to spin ideas around get everyone interested, should save time at the club meeting if everyone has already had a input

livetrack24 GordonC
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

all ideas should be looked into and in some ways a none 5 star day is better as it makes things a lot easier. the problem with super cross country days people will always not turn up and go the other way. so would it be better to set September as a good month to have the club comp as I am sure we always get at least 1 good Sunday. where the flying is generally less demanding to give all level of pilots a good safe flying day comp
Graeme
Chatty

Post by Graeme »

Cheers Bill I may have misinterpreted your message - as Gordon says it's good to talk and a bit of continued banter might help us arrive at an idea that everyone is in agreement with.

Trouble is I don't know what to say next :D several members have submitted ideas covering xc, accuracy, height, duration comps, xc training, annual fixed date, mixed ability event etc. but there is no real group focus emerging.

It crossed my mind to set up an online survey monkey process for Nhpc members only to vote on all the options. It's free, anonymous and a pretty simple thing to do but the format of questions and options need to cover all angles. There is also a comments option for further ideas and member comments.

I'm prepared to give a draft survey a shot to see how it goes and what type of initial responses we get. We could then refine the survey to focus on initial outcomes which can be made available online for all to see. Survey monkey is a pretty nifty tool.

This thread would probably need moving into the members only area of the website. I'd try and include all the above suggestions and any more ideas that people want considered. I can't promise it'll be perfect but it could be a way of gauging majority opinion and following a moreorless democratic process where everyone has a say.

If I get the heads up to give it a go- I will - but any support most welcome.
Livetrack Graeme52

Flying for Fun Only.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

What we need is some frigging flying weather :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Gordon C
Chatty

Post by Gordon C »

Well everyone seemed to enjoy Sundays get together on East Hill, the question now is what are peoples thoughts into the BEYOND, Do we keep ideas coming on this thread, use a survey monkey to correlate ideas together or save it for the next club meeting ?

livetrack24 GordonC
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Judging by the comments above everyone had a good time on Sunday and yes even a spot competition can be great fun. I think the problem this year was that Gary was trying to accommodate pilots who had problems making the dates. It's just about impossible for everyone to make it. I would have loved to be part of Sunday's get together I love the club comp, but family won on that day.

Next year whatever happens set a few dates and stick to them if you can't make it that's unfortunate if we cater for the majority and not the individuals we can keep this special (I think) competition going.

JW
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
AngusB
Regular
Full Name: Angus Beardsmore

Post by AngusB »

Apologies for not getting involved earlier, I've been away on holiday...not flying in Cornwall!

Personally I'm not that bothered about competitions...I know that probably sounds rich after doing OK at the Grasmere Show but I was just trying my best in a low key, enjoyable, fun day out...which is what I personally like.

The CSC seem to have a cracking approach to the day (although I know a few think it may have its biases) & the fun show through...like Graeme Stephenson suggested I would love it if we had an event like it but with our own stamp on it.

There are so many great ideas on this thread that we have a good idea what our members want. It seems that it's not just about XC which I'm also glad to see as we have some great, influential pilots in this club that aren't all about XC & as such this really opens it up to everyone. If the A & B set up is adopted to whatever aspects are used, that's surely got to help too.

It's probably too late in this year for anything substantial but we should definitely push for a fantastic organised comp in 2016!
Angus Beardsmore
Nova Mentor 5
Livetrack24: AngusB