Insurance

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Trevor Robinson
Regular
Full Name: Trevor Robinson

Insurance

Post by Trevor Robinson »

Anyone had some recent decent quotes for insurance, flying in Europe? Usual stuff, single trip, medical bills, repatriation etc. Got holiday insurance for theft etc. but no activity more dangerous than tiddly winks
ta
trevor
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

Hi Trevor try these, I have used them a few times now they cover paragliding including comps .I have no idea what they would be like if you were to have a claim
the premium wasnt bad 33.00 for a week

www.jsinsurance.co.uk
I HATE COMPUTERS
AngusB
Regular
Full Name: Angus Beardsmore

Post by AngusB »

Yep, like Bill says JS insurance are probably the best. Graeme Stephenson does a lot of trips & put me onto them for our trip to Spain.
Gordon was hunting around but didn't find better cover for less than JS.
Where are you heading Trevor?
Angus Beardsmore
Nova Mentor 5
Livetrack24: AngusB
Gordon C
Chatty

Post by Gordon C »

The others I look at needed extras to bring the cover up to what we need therefore the price, again the same as bill not fully tested as did not need to make a claim, hopefully it remains that way,

livetrack24 GordonC
Trevor Robinson
Regular

Thanks folks, off to Italy in a couple of weeks, a look at the JS site gave me a quote for £95, sure it was a lot cheaper the last time I used them. A site for AXA , with paragliding cover, gave me a quote for less than £14! Not sure if this covers search and rescue (optimistic I know) Will probably get on the phone to some brokers tomorrow as some of the websites are a mare to navigate round
AngusB
Regular
Full Name: Angus Beardsmore

Post by AngusB »

I'll send you a PM with a JS phone number I've got, it's a direct number so no ringing 0898 like you're used to :wink: I don't think they want the number banded about or I'd put it on here for all.
Angus Beardsmore
Nova Mentor 5
Livetrack24: AngusB
Graeme
Chatty

Post by Graeme »

JS Insurance always seem to come up with a good price. I think they're a broker.

Have a great holiday!
Livetrack Graeme52

Flying for Fun Only.
Trevor Robinson
Regular

Done some actual talking to a real person, 9 days paragliding cover, JS 2 Million medical and repatriation £21, AXA 1 million cover £14. both cover rescue. Search would appear to depend on letting others know where you are going etc. Reckon £1 million should cover it for a European country. Still not sure how the internet JS quote was so huge
Graeme
Chatty

Post by Graeme »

Hi Trevor - I never use JS website for a quote - I call them up - last time I queried a £33 verbal quote saying I wouldn't expect pay more than £25 - which they then found for me from another provider. - with search and rescue.

But if you're getting £14 then it's a no brainier - nice one.
Livetrack Graeme52

Flying for Fun Only.