Silver Backs

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Trevor Robinson
Regular
Full Name: Trevor Robinson

Silver Backs

Post by Trevor Robinson »

Looking fror some embarrassing photo's of my son I came accross these, when the NHPC Silver Backs were the Young Bucks of the NHGC Me in my Grizzly Adams phase, pie man Alan Christie waiting for the next pie, John Wallis looking like Magnum P.I., Mad Dog Millar sporting the casual look that has stood him well since the death of Queen Victoria, Mike Mavin without his arm up a cows backside, Dave Weir just out of short trousers, Ted Salisbury who travelled 350 miles to fly the Cheviots! plus others I'm sure will get named. Yes, the good old days when the cars were all clapped out rusty wrecks and 'comp' meant duration and spot
Trevor
Attachments
img006.jpg
img006.jpg (113.12 KiB) Viewed 3811 times
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Ha Brilliant. That was from the Dover and Folkstone V Northumbria annual challenge. Would you believe it Trevor Mike Mavin came into the garage only last week I haven;t seen him for years. He looks the same only grey :)
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

Great photo.....can't believe Millers smiling; what happened did a find a piece of half chewed Hubba-bubba or something?

Anyway, great photo; it's great to see were the Wright brothers got there inspiration from.

Ali
He who feared he would not succeed sat still.

Do everything in moderation; except moderation which you should do to the MAX!!!
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

Great Pics Trevor --- get some more posted, cant believe how young Alan Christie looks --- ha ha great stuff :)
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

Was on a flight back from Nice about a month ago with Dave wier, he's keeping well.