Ouch

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Ouch

Post by colin keightley »

Just noticed CSC now charge £5 for non members to participate in there coaching days.

Hey if theres profit to be made maybe we should do something with our coaching.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Don't you have to be careful when charging people? Could they not turn around and sue you if there was a problem ?
milleboy
Chatty

Post by milleboy »

No we don't......where did you get that from?

Coaching is really only open to CSC members, visiting pilots can tag along by arrangement (ie if you are up for a week from Devon you wouldn'y have to join to tag along, but you would need to contact us before hand).

The main reason is we where getting upwards of 25 pilots attending, many of them non members. Making it CSC only reduced the numbers, thereby offering better coaching for our club members, and making it easier to know we were coaching BHPA members.

As an aside, even if we did do you really think £5 is a 'profit'? As a club we subsidise coaching courses for our members to be coaches to start with!

Steve
CSC Chair
Aviation Consultant.......
Advance, Nova, Gin, Airwave, Ozone, Flytec, Sup Air, Woody Valley, Kortel..............................the list is endless!
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Sorry wasnt meant as a dig more shock than anything else it was posted on facebook from the csc group

07824 554735
milleboy
Chatty

Post by milleboy »

No problem bud!

Took me a while to find out where the £5 thing had come from!

The facebook page isn't actually an official source of info.......we're working on that for the future!

Steve
Aviation Consultant.......
Advance, Nova, Gin, Airwave, Ozone, Flytec, Sup Air, Woody Valley, Kortel..............................the list is endless!
eddie halton

CSC coaching

Post by eddie halton »

Attended the coaching day in May and there were a number of non CSC pilots who were asked if they would like to make a voluntary contribution which as far as I know went to charity.
Aeros
Chatty
Full Name: Ed Cleasby

Post by Aeros »

The DHPC coaching is members only. Currently there are about 24 pilots signed up for coaching and this tends to grow during the summer months. The numbers actually attending ranges from about 8 - 14 depending on the weather mainly. The reason for members only is because it involves a pre-registration system that provides background, contact details, specfic coaching needs, aspirations, etc. In other words coaching can be more targeted. I am also conscious of the fact should an accident ever occur I need to be able to show I have responsibly covered bases and taken measures to ensure as safe a learning environment as possible.

Neighbouring club members/visitors occasionally turn up and are welcome to the same site/weather briefing and general help. This is because I am just a big softie! :)
sedit qui timiut ne non succederet
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Ed, far too long in education!!! :lol:
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

I personally have never attended a coaching day, like I said I was just surprised when I saw it on facebook, I agree it should be members only why should you foot the coaching bill just so neighbouring clubs can abuse it.

07824 554735
eddie halton

Coachiong days

Post by eddie halton »

As a member of the NHPC and CSC I have attended a number of coaching days in the Lakes where non CSC members have attended and as long as the coaches do not mind and it raises money for charity I do not see a problem. If the non members find the days informative/enjoyable it may encourage them to become members then everyone is a winner.