C2C

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

humping

Post by chrisfozz »

From Kirkland to the top is a height gain of around 680m or about 2200ft in old money, about 100m less if you just stay on the bridlepath and don’t go to the top. I’m quite sure I won’t get as far as Anto before I have to get off and push but the ride down the far side looks like fun. I agree with Ron, the path can be hard to follow in places so it needs to be treated with respect. I’ll give it a miss if the weather is bad but the forecast looks good up to now. The last time I went up it was quite dry so I only sank in up to my ankles in the soft bits, I’m under know illusion that it will be an easy task humping the bike up there. Some company would be nice though.
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

I have ridden the Garrigill kirkland golf balls loop a few times, in the opposite direction to which we will be going.

It is hard work!

I will see what the weather is like on Sunday before making any decision....

Especially bearing in mind that after Garrigill you have the climb out to Nenthead, and then the climb from Nenthead to Allenheads.

Oh - and we will also have climbed up Hartside by then!

And finally, bear in mind that we are having a months worth of rain today and tomorrow.
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

A friend of mine Lawrence Scott has been doing the C2C this week and called me an hour ago has just about been drowned this morning he said the conditions were seriously miserable. I hope the weather improves for you guys :lek:
GlennP
Regular

c2c

Post by GlennP »

At least your mate won't need a shower when he gets to his digs at the end of the day!

Forecast is predicting rising pressure for Friday / Saturday so we might have a couple of nice days.

Do we have a route or is it every man for himsel'?

How come you aren't doing it Wallis?
You are only as good as your last flight........
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

I'm doing it the first week in August with Kate :)
GlennP
Regular

c2c

Post by GlennP »

August? It's bound to be pissing down..... :P
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

Well thanks for that John, we are all still going, and going to have a lovely time.
RonDon
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

Im sure the weather at the weekend is going to be SCORCHIO!!!!!!! :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
I HATE COMPUTERS
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

well its looking a good weekend for cycling but even better for flying, looking like too cracking days, probably lakes and long mynd so may see you saturday night if i end up staying over

cheeers gary
GlennP
Regular

c2c

Post by GlennP »

Are we mostly off road or on road?

Might change my tyres to suit the riding.
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Mostly on road.

In fact if you want it can all be done on road.

Having said that, if you do go over to Garrigill via gregs hut, you will definitely need some knobbly tyres.
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
GlennP
Regular

c2c

Post by GlennP »

great weekend of cycling on the C2C with NHPC.
Attachments
C2C
C2C
C2CSMALL.jpg (44.47 KiB) Viewed 9773 times
GlennP
Regular

more c2c

Post by GlennP »

more c2c pics . waskerly way
Attachments
waskerly.JPG
waskerly.JPG (162.62 KiB) Viewed 9766 times
GlennP
Regular

c2c

Post by GlennP »

What a great ride with a nice bunch of people. I couldn't beleive it was Bill Scott in the tabbard at Tynemouth. He looked so respectable.

3rd time for me on the C2C and the scenery is still stunning
Attachments
tynemouth.jpg
tynemouth.jpg (103.29 KiB) Viewed 9763 times
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

It is not Bill, it is Mr William Scott! :D :D
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

AlastairW wrote:It is not Bill, it is Mr William Scott! :D :D
are you taking the pi** dont I always look smart and respectable :D :D anyway this is the first opportunity ive had to post since the ride .It was this time last week we were spending the night in whitehaven looking forward to starting the ride in the morning and what a beutiful morning it was after the compulsory full english breackfast we set of in bright sunshine clear skies and light winds (perfect flying
weather) hmmm The weather stayed good all day as wew enjoyed some fantastic views while cycling through the lake district on to our first stopover at the boot and shoe at Greystoke. What a great pub good food and beer well worth a visit. The next morning after another full english we set for allenheads about 15 miles less cycling today but much harder climbing up over the hills but great fun going down the other side with max speed recorded of 75 mph ??? well maybe it was 75 kph??? but it was fast> Arrived at allenheads abouy 5pm absoutlly knackerd the first two pints didnt touch the sides I had to leave the group here and hope to go back and finish the ride in the next week or two .But even without doing the last day what a fantastic weekend enjoyed with good company thanks to all who took part
I think Glen dceserves the yellow jersey closlelly followed by team wolf ,Chris deserves the king of the mountains for going off road over cross fell
I decided to stay at the back of the fiedl just incase anyone dropped behind :D :D :D otherwise I woulkd have given glen a run for his money :lol: :lol: so who wants to do it again next year :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
I HATE COMPUTERS
Chris L
Regular

Post by Chris L »

Nice one guys and gals :)
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

c2c

Post by chrisfozz »

If you'd like to see the route i took, take a butchers at the link below