Club trophies

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Misk
Regular

Post by Misk »

A hollow victory for someone then...........
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Hollow victory ?

Post by ron freeman »

Gary Wirdman (HG) has won this year XC league out right ! its not a hollow victory Ian.

John, you jacked in HG some time back & now PG' and your still bleating on about the Cheviots... son you have got it bad :lol:
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

trophies

Post by chrisfozz »

I think Ian was refering to th PG comp.
As for the PG comp, I guess its up to Ali if he wants to be in or out of this, I hope he stays very much in. In my opinion its important to have something to aim for and aspire to.
ron freeman
Seasoned

NHPC xc league

Post by ron freeman »

Post x 2 for some reason
Last edited by ron freeman on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ron freeman
Seasoned

NHPC xc league

Post by ron freeman »

The NHPC XC league is for Hanggliding & Paragliding and the pilot with the best six flights wins, this year it was a hangglider pilot.
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

Not really following this topic since my last post so forgive me if someone has already suggested this... :oops:

How's about a new cup for XC we call it the "Guthrie Miskin Wirdham Trophy" or whatever (names of those who would normally walk away with it) and it goes to the Best XC pilot with same rules as current cup (or alterations as the named pilots see fit) EXCEPT you can't defend it the following year (or ever maybe). :o

Just an idea, guessing that then people who would like others to get a chance would still contend for the bigy.

And all will be good in the world again...
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

PS The above isn't meant as a windup. And sorry if I missed a name/names off the cup.
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

John, you jacked in HG some time back & now PG' and your still bleating on about the Cheviots... son you have got it bad
Ronnie son I do have it bad. I want to try and help the new pilots coming into the club that might be indoctrinated by you to spend time in the Cheviots. Any seasoned pilot with a brain knows that they are one of the worst places in the UK to fly because of the proximity of the coast and the sea breeze effect. The sites are small produce poor lift and are not the safest place to fly in my opinion.

As for jacking in flying on both HG and PG my circumstances in the past couple of years haven't been the best and I felt it best to "Jack in" for the time being. It doesn't stop me from having a burning desire to be in the air in any sort of aircraft and still having an interest in this great club.

Just one more point that might be worth you looking at is the list of respected pilots in the club for some reason I'm still up there which is very humbling I'm very surprised with your positive input to the NHPC that you are not listed too. Maybe you're too negative and talk a load of shite, but hey I maybe well wrong and off the mark.

JW
ron freeman
Seasoned

:)

Post by ron freeman »

:lol: