Alicante

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

RonDon
Regular

Alicante

Post by RonDon »

Alicante, Spain Gary and the boy’s
Wonderful. RonDon.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rondonlike/ ... yUpdated02#
Last edited by RonDon on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

Lovely :)
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

great photos Ron but couldnt recognise any of the sites where were you flying :?:
I HATE COMPUTERS
GlennP
Regular

Alicante sites

Post by GlennP »

Hiya Bill,

It looks to me like the sites are La Solana and Penia Rubia. Rons pics 8-10 are Penia Rubia take off. Pics 3 is someone out towards La Solana.

The 2 sites are opposite each other across a valley. Big landing fields for both sites. Easy drive ups because of the antennas at the top.

Apparently its been a good season out there...
You are only as good as your last flight........
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

Yep it was pan rubia one of nicks favourites yet it was the first time that I have flown it. The flying was superb once I got a break with good thermals and light winds just how flying is supposed to be.
GlennP
Regular

alicante

Post by GlennP »

i had a great flight at Penia Rubia.

i ve flown La Solana on the other side of the valley. Tremendous views to the right of takeoff (over the shoulder) of the town. was easy to get lines caught on takeoff though, big landing field.

got round quite a few of nicks sites on my last trip. Goat mountain was great but Palomaret and Cabo were just way too crowded at times.
You are only as good as your last flight........
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

I like Pena Rubia too, at the top of a steep cliff, flew there last year with Paul and Rich.
Nick set a task to the local castle and back or if getting back was too tricky we were to go xc but stay in the valley so he could find us.
It was a great day, although limited by having to stay in the valley, still managed 25k then flew the site opposite (Solana?) later the same day when I hitched back as the wind changed.
Bill you may remember we visited this site 2 years ago, loads of aerials on the top, a couple of people landed in a tree in front of take off, one more got blew over the back facing backwards. Only a few launched, then the wind changed.
The landing field was next to the road 3/4 mile away ish.
I missed an October Alicante trip this year, hopefully we can get a trip sorted next year?
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

Jim Bittlestone wrote: a couple of people landed in a tree in front of take off,
Div'nt ye forget Bonny Ladd...T'tell alowa fellow flyers.
That ''Tree'' was a Bush...The jump was aboot 15 foot. I naa. It was me Ron Don I did it twice to save me pins with nee wind ! :dealer: :dealer: :dealer:
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

Ee I mentioned no names an' all :angel:
I think I've been set up again (angel)
steve-gill
Chatty

Post by steve-gill »

Big landing fields for both sites.
Sounds good for hangliding then.