Dales round N54S 3rd 4th July

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Dales round N54S 3rd 4th July

Post by colin keightley »

Less than a fortnight away is anyone going, i certainly am for a party if nowt else, More info on the N54S page. I'll probably have a space in the car for someone who wants a lift and a spare popup tent for anyone who needs it
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Everyone is very quiet is no one interested.

07824 554735
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

yes i should be going unless bad weather keeps us away.

cheers gary
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

i stopped there last year at the bpc and it was a great place to stay i landed back at the site from staggs then the same night went over to weather and landed back there again with a short walk. if the weather is good then not a better place to be

cheers gary
GlennP
Regular

N54

Post by GlennP »

I am hoping to go after work on Friday ifthe forecast for thatweekend is a good one.
You are only as good as your last flight........
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

well saturday is looking promising so i will be heading down on friday night in the camper and i will have the bbq with me to have a bonfire.

see you there cheers gary
Graeme Gilroy
Regular
Full Name: Graeme Gilroy

ns54

Post by Graeme Gilroy »

where is it being held at Gary, Colin, anyone ?
it's a fine line between heaven and here
GlennP
Regular

Comp

Post by GlennP »

The info is on the N54S page on the club site.

Green dragon inn hardraw is the camping / comp meeting place. It's near hawes in the dales.

Depending on which forecast you believe it could be good or blown out.
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

I think the fact that Me, Neil Smith and Gary Stenhouse feel a little worse for ware today speaks for itself. I realy dont think you would beleive us if we told you what went on.

07824 554735
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

i must say the dales lads realy pulled it out the bag from page 3 hen partys to girls fighting in the streets it all was happening at the green man.

a truly great weekend with lots of fun and laughing and even got a croaky voice and thats without a frog
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

I think the fact that Me, Neil Smith and Gary Stenhouse feel a little worse for ware today speaks for itself. I realy dont think you would beleive us if we told you what went on.
Try us Colin :)
GlennP
Regular

N54s

Post by GlennP »

You all did a 100km triangle?
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Re: N54s

GlennP wrote:You all did a 100km triangle?
We quite possibly did in the car looking for a low enough site to fly and we probably could have if it wasn't for the gusts

07824 554735
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

I'm not going to say too much as I'll let others tell there accounts but there was a hen party camping there all weekend providing much entertainment, bitch fighting by some locals, giant biker chicks, Gary's cordonbleu BBQ skills on top of the pub BBQ, daytime and 2am swimming in the falls pool or should I say skinny dipping at 2am. Gary had some fun with a hedgehog.

07824 554735
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

This is more like it!

Sod the flying - it is all about the partying!

Gary did ring me yesterday and gave me some background on the weekends events. I have to say I was shocked. :D :D
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Well, I've tried Gary twice now today and the silence continues,,,,,,,,,,it must be bad!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o
Seen the pics of the dipping,,,,,,not a pretty site, and I don't usually admit to going on 'that' sort of internet site!!!! :wink:
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Neil
Chatty
Full Name: Neil Smith

Post by Neil »

a big thanks to the folks from the dales. fantastic wk end.
never waste a hard on and don't trust a fart
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Neil, can you make it bigger?
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

07824 554735
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Its like a scene from a B Sci-fi movie,

"The Beast That Crawled From The Lake"

Sounds like fun has been missed, the next time there is a "para no flying" trip I would be up for it, I can still "para no fly" better than most.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

Day 1

Well what a weekend and it all started with a run to Tailbrigg, though as the usual it was blown out and off too the south. So off we toddled me Neil and Colin in search of free flight, we got to stag’s at about 9.15 and it was looking quite promising though a bit light. Not put off I stormed up the hill with Neil not far behind with Colin going to the green man to get his tent set up. Well it did not seem to bad, a bit off wind so got the glider out and was off on my way, however I quickly realised it was horrible and it took a lot of active piloting to keep the wing in one piece, so landed as soon as I could. It was decided enough is enough and time for the green man, we were greeted with you can not go through until you have checked in. so we did as instructed and ended up been accosted and made to drink pints of cider with Kevin and a few of the dales girls and guys. Neil and me decided to see it through to 1.30 am before making up to the site feeling rather merry, Neil said he could here the calling of women at the top of the site. So off we toddled to check they were all ok and did not need the safety of a man around. When we got close there was not just one or two but twenty hot females on a hen do in their early twenties. We were questioned and interrogated to what we were doing, and had to prove we were stopping at the site. This we did and we were allowed into the bosom of the party and given a rather horrible glass of wine. Neil been the snob he is decided it was not palatable and he would need to get back to the van for a good bottle this we did as he needed a cork screw. When we arrived back it was now clear that they had fallen head over heals and they all wanted us, this been a dilemma for them so they had mad a packed that as they all wanted us none could. So we were blanked and not made welcome, so off we toddled I had a nice 2-year out of date noodles and Neil went to bed. End of day one.

Day 2

Well strong winds from the onset, so no task, so off we went for a drive to a few low sites with Kevin. No joy so we came back to the site for one of my special bbq, and delicious it was Neil Kevin and I were blessed with a full stomach. Time for a walk to the falls and a jolly nice swim in the waterfalls.
Then the evening was coming so one last chance for a fly so a quick run into Hawes and a double jersey all round and a trip up to weather, but as guessed blown out. Back to the site in time for a bit more bbq for Neil and me anyway then out for the night for another. Well it seemed like the hen girls were dressing to kill with top evening where and some pretty skirts. I must say the girls were struggling to keep there packed, but they did. Then it was time for the band and the place was rocking with bike chicks and more local hot chicks. Neil was on form and desperately trying drink the pub dry with Kevin closely behind, I was on water suffering from 3 pints (what a pussy). After 1am it just got too much for some of the local girls so it was time for some good old-fashioned scrapping in the streets. (The dales lads no how to have a party). Well time to go back to the vans and the idea of a skinny dip was on Kevin’s and Neil’s minds so called past my van to put some rubbish away first. Well as I was putting the last few bits away I thought my boot had fallen out the van, so with a big grab then a big scream I realised it was no boot but a hedgehog. I composed myself and stopped crying and followed the brave men to there dip, Kevin was the man with a full 10 minute of swimming Neil got his big toe in and started shaken uncontrollable and got out. Colin and me just laughed and enjoyed the moment while peeping toms looked in from above trying too get a glimpse of Neil’s manhood. Luckily for Neil it had all gone into a mangina. So I believe the dales round was definitely won by Kevin.

Day 3

Up early with the cock a doodle do from 3.15am and started on my tablet feast to try and get rid of my hangover.

So what I would say if you do get chance to get to the next round remember there is more to do than just fly.

Cheers Gary