NS54 PSC round

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

NS54 PSC round

Post by colin keightley »

Well 4 teams competed NYSC,NHPC,Dales,PSC every team got a B pilot to goal except us so we came 4th

Sorry Lads and lasses
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

Hey Colin WELL DONE for flying the NHPC flag
And from what I hear from dad there were some Toe Curling thermals ripping through !! Full on flying and good experience I bet which is what it's all about
Dad said the Camawawarderwie was cracking to
so WELL DONE YOU TWO
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Well done for making the effort Colin and Ron!

By the sounds of it your weekend was not wasted anyway, with lots of team building opportunities! :D :D

It brings to mind a certain video of Mr Little, screaming "Nooo noooo Kay, please stop, you are hurting me!"

Which coincidentally was also a Peak District event. :D :D
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Well done to Colin and Ron for their efforts. Hope you both had a good time and enjoyed flying the new sites.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

It was great the Pub was cracking had an evening fly on saturday with the sun setting and sundays flying was good to, the thermals were very hard to stick with very sharp edges i only managed to take the thermals 200m above top and i needed at least 350m to clear the rotor and make the goal field so in the end i gave up and landed by the car. One of the problems i had was every time i found a thermal the 10 or 12 A pilots who where left on the hill would come rushing in behind me leaving me no room to 360 it back pushing me out the front of it and trying to pick it back up again below them.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
Chris L
Regular

Post by Chris L »

Good effort Colin.
Thanks for representing us and Ron too
Oh yes and Kays leg wrestling just can't be beaten :o ref Alistairs comment above
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

From the organiser;
Thanks to everyone who attended the N54, it worked out well in the end.

For those who were absent, we didn't fly on Saturday because it was far too windy. Sunday was good, with strong WNW winds we were able to fly at Parlick. Two tasks were set, an excellent suggestion by Andy was to set the B pilots off on a small XC to Chipping which many completed. The A task was set in the bowl using the 'square collecting' idea. People seemed to enjoy this.

I need IGC files from the A comp to score it, please can the team captains collect them and send them to this address. There's no need to send me anything for the B comp, I know for definite that 3 of the 4 teams present achieved it. The Northumbrians will come 4th, whatever their A result was, because they didn't get anyone to Chipping.

A couple of Pennine pilots went XC and didn't get very far, it would have been difficult to have had any meaningful XC task in the A comp, even with GPSs. Cloudbase was only about 3000' AGL and the thermals died off at about 3pm, when I stopped the task.

I'd like to hear any feedback from the pilots on what they thought of the A task please. It was a new idea and I thought it worked well. If people want to do something like that again we could distribute maps with the squares on before the comp to allow pilots to put them into GPSs. I'd also make the squares smaller and put them behind as well as infront next time so that there is more to go at. Let me know what you think.

Dave
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01